Soldier Salute?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I know it was out of Paniro’s hands for RS’ing this year, but is redshirting after wrestling for 1-2 years pretty normal in the wrestling world?

Just got to think that would be tough about getting a taste of the competition and doing pretty well and then be asked to sit out for a year.
I would think that with Panrio taking a grayshirt out of high school and losing this year, that he won't be redshirting next year

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
We need to hit the transfer portal at 125 for next year. Likely 97 as well. I would want something a little more proven than say Grice.

Chit too short for 165 IMO so likely Euton there. 141-157 totally log jammed.
Same thing was said about Paniro and he's looked fine at 157. Granted, competition so far as not been great. Today will tell a lot.

Optimal lineup next year would have Johnson at 157 and Chittum sliding up to 165, but we will see. As Buf mentioned, they all have redshirts available so mix/match is an option, but I just don't see any of these guys wanting to redshirt. Good problem to have.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
Casey doesn’t seem the type to redshirt and I agree with whoever said Cody doesn’t seem to have the frame for 165. Next years roster construction will be interesting to say the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: LotB6

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Did anyone watch the Euton/Kennedy match? Euton was absolutely manhandled strength wise. Understandable given he's a true freshman against a 22ish yo, but he needs to hit the weight room hard. If he can do that and stay at 165 then great, but I have to think adding a bunch of muscle-mass might bump him up to 174. Same could be said for Cody sliding up to 165. Imagine adding strength to his already relentless style.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
So Voinovich gets beat by Rathjen and earlier in season by Ferrari. Wonder what he is thinking about transferring to Iowa.

Kennedy and Caliendo will be another interesting match.

Reactions: Diehardisu6988

Diehardisu6988

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2019
So Voinovich gets beat by Rathjen and earlier in season by Ferrari. Wonder what he is thinking about transferring to Iowa.

Kennedy and Caliendo will be another interesting match.
No clue but I heard his younger brother is a stud.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
It’s gonna be glorious watching that family embarrass that program
I have no interest in taking moral high ground, the fact is most of these guys will do whatever it takes to help their team win. And I mean whatever it takes. But i will say there is some incredible mental gymnastics going on by fans over in IC. Compare commentary now vs when AJ wrestled for the Pokes. Complete 180

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet