Some posters I made for Thursday's game!

Babiscuit

Mar 7, 2015
de3003fb0f3bc14da3c141b188efec0d.jpg

For the cost of a cup of coffee...

willi_cy2

Mar 22, 2015
Hands down, the kid with the poster of Mad Fran next the Beaker 2yrs ago. Can anyone unearth that? Haha

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Both pretty terrible. I equate the top one to a high school chant at a bball game of "let's play football". Just dumb.

Really. Agree. Ditch it. It would be different if we had a good football record, but even then high school-ish.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Ok everyone, I think after the 15th person said the initial signs sucked, ISUcyclones11 got the point.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you go the football route, you have to have a year in which ISU won and that kept Iowa from playing for more, like in 2002. Of course, even then it was a bit tacky since ISU went full ISU the last 5 weeks of the season including the game on the blue turf.

A three stooges pic with Woodbury being one trying to poke an eye would be appropriate (or a stooges action when he's introduced), or a sign that asked 'Are you tired of losing to teams that you're better than yet?' at the end of a locked up ISU win might be fun even though I believe the player that said that is gone.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Am I the only one that thought that signs were removed from the crowd last year at all games? I mean, I realize there's the player's face cutouts, but is there a rule about signs? Can't remember.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
attachment.php

"Swordfight!!!"

Attachments

• swordfight.jpg
    swordfight.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 555

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Ok everyone, I think after the 15th person said the initial signs sucked, ISUcyclones11 got the point.
CF: The students ******* suck. They never show up so we should have their sections.

Break: Students don't have tickets. Hilton is as quiet as a waiting room.

CF: We need the students, without them there is no environment in Hilton. We need their noise and signs.

Student: I made some signs and will be there to make some noise Thursday.

CF: Those ******* suck. Do something better.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I'm going to make some dinner and head straight to copyworks before I head to the Buffalo game tonight. I will make this up to all of you.

I would assume that's how everyone makes Gameday posters?

What is your major? You should have tons of print credits, and so a lot of people use the plotters in the computer laps, especially the engineering labs, to make large plots. Then you don't have cheesy taping together of multiple pages, and the print resolution is fine without needing to use http://rasterbator.net/ or anything like that.

Just copy/paste an image into a blank powerpoint slide, plot it large. Cheaper than copyworks as long as you have print credits, or know someone who does.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
What is your major? You should have tons of print credits, and so a lot of people use the plotters in the computer laps, especially the engineering labs, to make large plots. Then you don't have cheesy taping together of multiple pages, and the print resolution is fine without needing to use http://rasterbator.net/ or anything like that.

Just copy/paste an image into a blank powerpoint slide, plot it large. Cheaper than copyworks as long as you have print credits, or know someone who does.

Marketing. Still have 1,992 credits left. My roommate was just telling me about some large printer in Towne. He has a class there now and told me he'd scout it out.

I don't foresee anything I'd have to use them for the next two weeks and I believe they reset at semester.

With that being said, I might be able to make some for people if they wanted one (depending on how many credits they cost).

Last edited:

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Marketing. Still have 1,992 credits left. My roommate was just telling me about some large printer in Towne. He has a class there now and told me he'd scout it out.

I don't foresee anything I'd have to use them for the next two weeks and I believe they reset at semester.

With that being said, I might be able to make some for people if they wanted one (depending on how many credits they cost).
They cost 30 credits but last I knew you won't be able to sign into the computers in engineering buildings unless you are an engineering major

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
They cost 30 credits but last I knew you won't be able to sign into the computers in engineering buildings unless you are an engineering major

I'll just bring my roommate along then. I'm so far into making a stupid poster that I can't turn back now. Hopefully at least this thread has encouraged others to make some.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Could try something like this.

attachment.php

Or just plain demon fran.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fran.jpg
    fran.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 600
  • fran2.jpg
    fran2.jpg