Songs people think are great that you don't

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Happened on a 50s station a few years ago and this song was on regular rotation. Someone must have thought it was pretty great.

Other than being really stupid, it also seems it's in the narration of a pervert.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Freebird. Lynard Skynard did a lot of good stuff. This isn't one of them.
I also don’t like this song. Used to love it but end of winter break my senior year at ISU I was done with finals and a couple buddies asked if I wanted to hit the bars with them. Went out and got pretty tanked but got tired and caught a ride with another friend back to the house. My two buddies were drunk driving hauling ass down a residential street flipped the car top first into a 5’ diameter tree killing them both instantly and I could/should have been with them. Anyway at both their funerals they played that song. Flipping 30 years ago and I hear that song and it takes me back like it was yesterday…

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
What is the song(s) that most people feel are great...but you do not. For me it is "Hey Jude". The Beatles created so many great songs, yet this one seems quirky and nothing special.
Was written by Paul for Jules Lennon when his parents were splitting up. Changed Jules to Jude. Actually more meaningful than most of their stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
My god there’s a lot of ignorance in this thread. So many good songs to **** on, yet some of you feel the need to attack acts like Queen, RHCP, and The ****ing BEATLES??

How bout:

Who Let The Dogs Out?
The Macarena
Sugar We’re Going Down
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Mambo #5

Good call on the posters going after Sweet Caroline, tho. That song can burn in hell. :D
But the thread is about songs people think are great. Nobody thinks any of these songs are actually good. Everybody knows those are just junky earworm pop songs.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I also don’t like this song. Used to love it but end of winter break my senior year at ISU I was done with finals and a couple buddies asked if I wanted to hit the bars with them. Went out and got pretty tanked but got tired and caught a ride with another friend back to the house. My two buddies were drunk driving hauling ass down a residential street flipped the car top first into a 5’ diameter tree killing them both instantly and I could/should have been with them. Anyway at both their funerals they played that song. Flipping 30 years ago and I hear that song
and it takes me back like it was yesterday…
It's overrated for sure. Tuesdays Gone was their best song.

Help Support Us

Become a patron