Sooner Wrestling

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
This has probably been answered, but Is it likely that OU stays in the Big 12 for wrestling after their exit to the SEC? I personally hope so. The bad blood between Mizzou and the conference didn’t do either party any favors when it came to wrestling.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I would guess they will remain in the Big 12. It is better for the strength of the conference with Oklahoma in it

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
If it were up to me, they would wander the desert (MAC) for awhile, just like Missouri.

But since it isn't, at the very least concessions should be made with regard to scheduling and broadcasting.

The tournament will be a little unbalanced, as the addition of California Baptist next year makes it a 13-team league.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I'm in the boat of having them go explore around somewhere else. Sorry but I do not see any reason to allow an athletic department to be tied to their former conference when they up and left it...at least not for a while.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
I usually go to the meet in Norman but they can go to the MAC for 5 years or more as far as I'm concerned.

Texas good riddance!!

Reactions: Cyclad

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Is Beau Mantanona that just committed to Michigan, a brother to Anthony and Troy at Oklahoma?
Beau is from California and pretty sure that is where Anthony is from

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
That is interesting. Wonder what is going on at Oklahoma. Demas tranferring and Beau not following his brothers there

I think their coach might be on the hot seat. But it is crazy that everything there is falling apart 1 year after winning the Big 12 title

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I’ve read that Roselli will be done after this year . Also seeing some speculation that they will drop wrestling when they move to SEC . Demas wanted to wrestle 149 and for what ever reason that didn’t happen. Seems like a lot of uncertainty within the program

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I had heard that. It has to do with more than results. If true, something is happening within the program
Gotta be hard for them to recruit based on the uncertainty of what conference they would potentially be or not be in soon.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclad and ISU22CY

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
They have a solid class coming in. These may be true freshman there already.

Oklahoma fortified its future lineups last year by reeling in a pair of blue-chip prospects to slot into the middle and back end of its order.

On Tuesday, the Sooners secured a linchpin to go at the top of their order when prized California lightweight Joey Cruz announced his commitment to Oklahoma.

Cruz picked the Sooners after also considering Oklahoma State, Iowa State and Little Rock. The nation’s third-ranked 120-pounder has a resume that includes a pair of top three finishes at the California state tournament (third as a freshman in 2019, second as a sophomore), a 2020 Grappler Fall Classic title, a runner-up performance last fall at the USA Wrestling Preseason Nationals, a third-place showing at the 2019 Cadet World Team Trials and a title in 2019 at FloNationals, where he knocked off Richard Figueroa in the finals.

The Cruz commitment comes on the heels of a strong 2021 recruiting class for the Sooners, who signed a pair of #1 prospects — 152-pounder Alejandro Herrera Rondon and 195-pounder Tate Picklo.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They have a solid class coming in

Oklahoma fortified its future lineups last year by reeling in a pair of blue-chip prospects to slot into the middle and back end of its order.

On Tuesday, the Sooners secured a linchpin to go at the top of their order when prized California lightweight Joey Cruz announced his commitment to Oklahoma.

Cruz picked the Sooners after also considering Oklahoma State, Iowa State and Little Rock. The nation’s third-ranked 120-pounder has a resume that includes a pair of top three finishes at the California state tournament (third as a freshman in 2019, second as a sophomore), a 2020 Grappler Fall Classic title, a runner-up performance last fall at the USA Wrestling Preseason Nationals, a third-place showing at the 2019 Cadet World Team Trials and a title in 2019 at FloNationals, where he knocked off Richard Figueroa in the finals.

The Cruz commitment comes on the heels of a strong 2021 recruiting class for the Sooners, who signed a pair of #1 prospects — 152-pounder Alejandro Herrera Rondon and 195-pounder Tate Picklo.
Was this before all the **** went down in August about OuT? If not, wow, I am surprised.