Sounds from the stands.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This was far from the worst game I've been at as far as comfort. Yes it was hot, but it wasn't humid and there was a nice dry breeze out of the S that made it tolerable anyway. I am also on the west side and am sure the east side looking into the sun was worse. Humidity makes it a gazillion times worse.
Honestly, west siders always think east siders are looking into the sun. The sun is up, we look down. I’m at the S 15 yardline. So I’m looking north most of the game. The sun is rarely a thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Not voices from the stands but I figured this was the place to post it.

Someone threw up inside the new Jack Trice mural outside the Stark Performance Center? Really, you couldn't find somewhere else to throw up instead of art?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Yes, the entire year, and now they are bolted down to the bench. ISU isn't known as an engineering school for nothing.;) And improved sell phone reception, with additions on each flag pole and light standards,
There's cell phone reception at Jack Trice? Uhm....like zero? Maybe it depends on your company, but the "best nation wide" US Cellular sucks.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Thing that made me angry…the stupid parents who bring a one month old (give or take a month) baby to a game like this with no protection. Just plain dumb from a sun and sound standpoint.
Several years ago at the Missouri game -- the last game of the season -- it was cold and the wind was brutal. In front of me was a family with two children -- all with short sleeves on and no coats.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Two Guys Named Chris covered this last week…the fact is we are bigger people than when these stadiums were originally numbered off.

I haven’t had that experience at JTS but as a slim guy multiple times at Kinnick I’ve had games there where my “seat” is basically one foot of standing sideways.
When were ticket holders, we always paid for the seatbacks ... removed much of that and other issues around seat numbers.

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
I do have the seat backs on my seats. I still got the benefit of getting sweaty people rubbing up against me. The same feeling you get when you have the middle seat on a plane and john candy and Chris Farley are sitting with you.
In the day, John and Chris sitting next to me? That would have been freaking awesome!!!!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Honestly, west siders always think east siders are looking into the sun. The sun is up, we look down. I’m at the S 15 yardline. So I’m looking north most of the game. The sun is rarely a thing.
Son and I moved to my brother's seats in front of the press box because he and wife decided to stay home out of the heat. We had shade by the start of the second quarter. The shade coupled with the healthy south breeze made it downright tolerable.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Saturday was decent. I struggled to pull up anything years past but yesterday Verizon was just slow.
I have Verizon and was pulling over 500 megs out in the parking lot, which last year was unable to even send a text leading up to gametime. I'm planning to bring a tv this week and stream youtube tv off my hotspot due to those speeds. I was able to refresh twitter inside the stadium, but would take a little time.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This was far from the worst game I've been at as far as comfort. Yes it was hot, but it wasn't humid and there was a nice dry breeze out of the S that made it tolerable anyway. I am also on the west side and am sure the east side looking into the sun was worse. Humidity makes it a gazillion times worse.
Just be glad you weren't sitting on a metal trunk like the one the thermostat the broadcast used to lie about what the field temp was.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Anyone got any stories or quotes from the stands?

In the second half after the clones took a 30 point lead. My group started talking about the Iowa game next week. We had a UNI fan walking up the stairs and tell us, "Iowa is going to destroy you." Just came off as a sour grapes from a pantherhawk.
I don’t understand why people say things like that. So…. “You are clearly better than we are but you are terrible?”

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy. Only 80 degrees warmer than last home game, made that one too.

Good for you, I have reasons other than weather to miss the game. I work weekends and I'm not as mobile so the mile plus jaunt I would have to do would have me in great pain.

I used to do fb, mbb and wbb and now it's just wbb and it's only a handful of games.

Your clearly the better fan.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Two Guys Named Chris covered this last week…the fact is we are bigger people than when these stadiums were originally numbered off.

I haven’t had that experience at JTS but as a slim guy multiple times at Kinnick I’ve had games there where my “seat” is basically one foot of standing sideways.
Before renovations at Notre Dame Stadium, the seats were numbered the way people were built in the 1930’s. We took our then four year old and two year old to a game. The guy next to us gave us a dubious look, but after the game, told us it was his best game ever in the stadium because there was actually enough room in our row because of the kids.

Reactions: HFCS

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I need to adjust my seat back. Does it take a 9/16” or 1/2” wrench? Don’t want to bring in a vise grip or crescent wrench.