South Endzone

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Just throwing out ideas here. What if it were turned into a conference center/restaurant type thing. I would have killed someone to have been able to be married at JTS. Or some kind of indoor food court type thing? I'd be willing to bet though, you could put together some ultra premium luxury suites in there or even do what the cowboys did in their stadium and make it a standing room only section, covered with TVs. Again, these are just ideas I'm throwing out that people can easily trash. I do believe though if it happens we need to do more there than just put in seats.

At one time there were plans for a new athletic building across the street in the center lots. With this the Olsen building would be torn down and the Jake was going to be turned into something similar to what you are talking about. A place to display all the Cyclone trophies and such with food and restrooms and some some standing area on the balcony for those who can afford it.

Last edited:

CRScyclone

Jun 11, 2010
Austin
I still have the plans on my home computer that ISU posted a few years ago and have since removed. According to my calculations from before:

"According to the plans, bowling in the south endzone will add 9,464 seats (that takes into account the loss of the current bleachers and all other loss of seating except hillside seats)."

"According to the plans released a few years ago that had seating capacities for all the sections.

According to the plans, the total seating area (excluding press box and handicap) for the stadium after expansion will be 52,382.

S lower deck- 7,730- planned
S upper deck- 5,620- planned
E lower deck- 10,706-current
E upper deck- 8,940- current
W lower deck- 9,232- current
W upper deck- 8,788- current
Lower suites- 926- current
Club section- 440- current"

Any chance you could post those plans? I would really like to see them.
Thanks.