Southeast Intramural fields

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Would it be beneficial to find a new location for these fields and use them for parking during football games?

Reactions: FinalFourCy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think there is actually a plan in place to change all of that area into RV parking and change all of the lots in between Jack Trice and Hilton to cars, I think I remember getting a notification on it if anyone else can remember?
I remember reading that as one of Jamie's ideas. Add permanent restrooms and covert those fields to a more park like setting for the RV parking.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
It is in the plan- not all of the fields will be gone though. Lighting will be added to the fields that remain. RV parking would be in this new area and a permanent structure for bathrooms also if the budget holds true. Also a pedestrian bridge across University Blvd

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Athletics has been trying to work it out with Rec Services for a few years. Athletics hasn't dropped the coin yet because it's a lot of money for 7 Saturdays a year of use and it's gotten used elsewhere. Rec Services won't give it up until there's lighting and potentially field turf installed so they have enough space for intramurals and can play in the rain.

Basically a whole bunch of things have to align to get it going.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Athletics has been trying to work it out with Rec Services for a few years. Athletics hasn't dropped the coin yet because it's a lot of money for 7 Saturdays a year of use and it's gotten used elsewhere. Rec Services won't give it up until there's lighting and potentially field turf installed so they have enough space for intramurals and can play in the rain.

Basically a whole bunch of things have to align to get it going.
You don’t see this dynamic everywhere.

Reactions: Land Shark