Special Teams Coordinator

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The analyst we had wasn’t even in Iowa so no, he was not coaching during practice.
Was not the question....Do we keep him on staff now?, and The NCAA was voting on letting analysts coaching during practice, wondering if anyone knows anything on how that came out.

I realize that analyst was NOT coaching.

Reactions: nrg4isu

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
There's still plenty of time to ***** about Eli King's playing time this basketball season
Hickory Park debates. We should look like the 49ers. What is "true" gold? ESPN+ sucks- okay, Boomer. Who refuses to donate to the collective. Why is the lighting so dim in Hilton? The student section sucks. Pollard's Power & Light district will never work. Political BS not staying in the cave...

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Maybe we can actually block someone on punts now so we are not always fare catching the ball with 6 opponents 3 yards away. Gave away a lot of yards the last few years on whatever scheme they have had.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Maybe we can actually block someone on punts now so we are not always fare catching the ball with 6 opponents 3 yards away. Gave away a lot of yards the last few years on whatever scheme they have had.
Do you know what the average punt return is?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Oh no, CF is officially out of things to ***** about

Woahhhh buddy. You’re gonna need to pump the brakes.

We still have the not-yet-disproven standing commitment to short yardage shotgun handoffs to our weakest runner, sheer terror in our hearts every time we line up for a FG, no tertiary blue in our unis, and still no plans for beer served to the general public in JTS.

• Haha
Reactions: StLouisClone

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
I wish we could have hired a Special Teams Supervisor or Special Teams Organizer.
Either would be far superior to a Special Teams Coordinator.
Campbell has run out of gas.

Reactions: psychlones

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
FYI - Last year we were 7th Nationally on punt return defense at 2.64 return yards per punt.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/462

On the flip side we were 98th nationally at 5.54 yards per return.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/97/p2

I I remember correctly our new special teams coordinator averaged 15 yards per return which would have been top 10 nationally last year in FBS.

Overall 67th Net Punting
Tied for 124th with 3 blocked punts allowed

So in summary, when we got the kick off it was rarely returned for much yardage, but overall the net yardage per punt was very average. But we also were bad at getting punts off in general.