Special Teams star of the week...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It was a much better squib kick than I imagined...

200.gif

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
It’s obviously symbolic and awarded for her accomplishment, not the kick itself. If you have your panties in a bunch over this, that’s your own issues showing.

I'm commando. Nothing in a bunch. Interesting the accolades received however.

I'm sure Vandy fielded the best team they could to try and break their 0-fer stretch.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This is the best take

When you are a pioneer like this, it almost always is at least part publicity stunt. It's probably overdue and unlike other women who may have been more deserving, somehow she got into a situation where she actually got to play. Good for her. Hope it levels the playing field.

Reactions: CloneIce

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I'm commando. Nothing in a bunch. Interesting the accolades received however.

I'm sure Vandy fielded the best team they could to try and break their 0-fer stretch.

You act like it’s a big mystery why she got it or something nefarious. Clearly it’s a symbolic award for her accomplishment. That’s Ok.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think she showed some courage even trying out - good for her. And she'd just won an SEC championship in soccer the week before. It'd been more interesting if Vandy had scored so she could kick an XP.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Vandy as I got a degree from there after I was at ISU. They had a good run - bowl games most years - until James Franklin left for Penn State (in his native Pennsylvania). He talked about making Vanderbilt the Stanford of the East in terms of academics and athletic success. And they hired a defensive coach from Stanford who is a great guy but couldn't recruit at the level needed to compete in that conference, which has just gotten more and more competitive with the CFP. It's a tough school to recruit to -- we should be able to understand that. MOST coaches at both VU and ISU have not succeeded.

Oh, and, Sarah Fuller may be playing QB for the Broncos next week :)

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
You act like it’s a big mystery why she got it or something nefarious. Clearly it’s a symbolic award for her accomplishment. That’s Ok.

This. It’s the first time it EVER happened.

And, anyway, imagine being someone who gives a **** about a special teams player of the week award. It’s meaningless.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
You can tell by the way she kicked it she is a goalie. Give her a couple more weeks of practice and she'd be better.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I see no harm, especially when they did it as co recipients with the person who would have otherwise won the award. It's not like anyone was out anything by naming her.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron