Sports Betting in NC….

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Became legal a week ago. I am 0-8 on bets. Only $50 but damn. I will place a bet on each team ISU plays in the tournament. The cyclones are guaranteed to win. lol.

• Sad
Reactions: aauummm

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Became legal a week ago. I am 0-8 on bets. Only $50 but damn. I will place a bet on each team ISU plays in the tournament. The cyclones are guaranteed to win. lol.
Wait a second. It's now legal in NC? Who could have possibly known? /s

Seriously....seeing/hearing those ******* ads everywhere was worse than political ads.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
You could quit, but "studies" show that you are probably a bet away from your first big win! Also, if you are trying to quit, do not under any circumstances google what a parlay is!

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Wait a second. It's now legal in NC? Who could have possibly known? /s

Seriously....seeing/hearing those ******* ads everywhere was worse than political ads.
lol. I’m just glad I’m not really into that stuff. Put $50 in and got my bonus bets. Placed all my bonus bets on today’s games. If luck doesn’t change, I’m done.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Just pledge to donate an amount equal to your losses to WE WILL. Then you can feel good about doing something beneficial with every loss.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
lol. I’m just glad I’m not really into that stuff. Put $50 in and got my bonus bets. Placed all my bonus bets on today’s games. If luck doesn’t change, I’m done.
What kind of bets are you making? If you are doing a bunch of parlays you are going to lose your ass. If you are 0-8 against the spread you just have really bad luck.

• Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
What kind of bets are you making? If you are doing a bunch of parlays you are going to lose your ass. If you are 0-8 against the spread you just have really bad luck.
I did 1 six bet parlay. Stupid bet but took a flyer for $5 that would have paid like $300. I did one in game bet. The rest were all against the spread. I have always said, if it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I did 1 six bet parlay. Stupid bet but took a flyer for $5 that would have paid like $300. I did one in game bet. The rest were all against the spread. I have always said, if it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck.
Well, if you want to bet trends in the tournament bet the under and bet on underdogs. The under hit at 75% in the first round last year. It's not exactly a "fun" bet to make, because who wants to watch a game where you are rooting against teams scoring, but there is a good chance it would pay off.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Well, if you want to bet trends in the tournament bet the under and bet on underdogs. The under hit at 75% in the first round last year. It's not exactly a "fun" bet to make, because who wants to watch a game where you are rooting against teams scoring, but there is a good chance it would pay off.
I actually heard someone on the radio say this. They think it is something about the new balls they use in the tournament. I watched that disaster of a game that was CU vs BSU last night where I had BSU +3. It set basketball back 50 years.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Is this the March madness sports betting thread?

anyone noticed that I think BYU was -10.5, now they’re only -9. I wonder if there’s any significance there.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I actually heard someone on the radio say this. They think it is something about the new balls they use in the tournament. I watched that disaster of a game that was CU vs BSU last night where I had BSU +3. It set basketball back 50 years.

Was this a Fran interview on the radio?

But there were a lot of bunnies missed in that game. Wonder if the ball is bouncing more and is more likely to come off when not perfect.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Was this a Fran interview on the radio?

But there were a lot of bunnies missed in that game. Wonder if the ball is bouncing more and is more likely to come off when not perfect.
I don’t remember who it was. It was a gambling guy though. He said that the new balls they bring out during the tournament bounce more.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

It's OK to gamble.

It's not OK to be a bad gambler.

Have your tried scratchers? At least you can buy a Mt Dew and make an event out of it.

• Dumb
Reactions: BoomerClone

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
I only bet parlays if the sports book is offering a no risk promo. Then if I lost and get the free bet I only bet that on a game I would normally bet on.