Spring Break/Warm Weather

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
With all this freaking bad weather I thought I’d look for somewhere nice to go during spring break. My wife and I are looking for something a bit different from what we’ve done in the past but want to make sure what we do this time is comparable or better. What we’ve done in the past is Jamaica. We’ve been to Negril 2x’s, Montego Bay 2x’s, and Ocho Rios 1 x. We’ve always stayed at Sandals resorts while there and enjoyed it each time. Been to Cancun 2 times but have had poor weather on both trips. So here’s what we are looking at and need some feedback on.

• RIU @ Montego Bay. It’s all inclusive but I don’t know much about it. Read some reviews and they were 70+ and 30- for the resort. Any input?
  • Go somewhere in Cabo San Lucas or Los Cabos – Never been to this side of Mexico. Need recommendations.

Specific things we are looking for….
  • Direct flight – issue with going to Jamaica from Des Moines.
  • All Inclusive
  • Scuba Diving
  • Kid friendly (18 month old)
  • Reasonable cost ~$3k
  • Tipping – prefer not but can deal with it if we have to
  • Easy transportation to and from the airport to the hotel (shuttle or cab)
  • Other thoughts and opinions welcome

isu200023

Aug 19, 2008
You are going to have a connection. It is called Des Moines International, but it's not because of passenger travel. Can't help w/ Cabo. Been to Puerto Vallarta plenty of times and have a lot of recommendations there. As of yet we have not gone to Cabo. I'ver heard lots of good tales though.

Why not leave the kid w/ the grandparents? Just sayin'.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
You are going to have a connection. It is called Des Moines International, but it's not because of passenger travel. Can't help w/ Cabo. Been to Puerto Vallarta plenty of times and have a lot of recommendations there. As of yet we have not gone to Cabo. I'ver heard lots of good tales though.

Why not leave the kid w/ the grandparents? Just sayin'.

The package I looked at had Cabo as a direct flight out of KC but after checking a bit more it doesn't look like that is possible. :sad:

Having a kid was a long time coming and my wife and I have been waiting to do this for a number of years. We did a trial run with him to the bowl game down in Tempe and all went well so we thought we'd do it again only in warm weather and on a beach.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Been to Cabo. Great weather, lots of whales. Was on the Sea of Cortez side (East side of Baja). Water side of highway-all plush, other side-3rd world poverty. I prefer Florida Keys.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Looking forward to South Padre with some guys in my fraternity. Hopefully the weather is good. I really want to go to Puerto Vallarta sometime