SPRING MATCH

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
CJ not shying away from competition for the spring schedule. Just when we think we're done with them, she's booked the prime-time spot for NU. "The Nebraska volleyball team announced on Tuesday that they have secured a match with Iowa State during the 2011 spring season. The Huskers and Cyclones will meet at the NU Coliseum on Saturday, April 16 at 7 p.m. The match will culminate a full day of activities on campus as the Husker football team will hold its Annual Red/White Spring Game at 1 p.m. and the baseball team hosts Kansas State at 3:05 p.m."

This is a tip-of-the-hat to CJ from Coach Cook.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Just when we think we're done with them

I believe Christy has said that she'd like to keep playing Nebraska, even as a non-conference opponent.

It's a big draw, easy travel, and would be among the best non-conference matches nationally (in terms of both teams' rankings).

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
I'm glad that were playing them. They're one of the best teams in the nation and it shows that they have respect for us and our program.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Does anybody know? I thought we had a round robin tourney set for yesterday? Can't find anything anywhere. Wayne State, UNI, and Minny. Just wondered how it went and how we looked.

Got this from the gophers' site:
Minnesota played three sets in each of the three matches on the day. The Gophers lost the first match to Northern Iowa 2-1 (25-17, 21-25, 25-23), but bounced back to defeated Wayne State and Iowa State in three sets. Minnesota defeated the Warriors 20-25, 27-25, 25-20, and was also victorious over the host Cyclones 25-21, 14-25, 26-24.

It would seem like this would be an event for Clone Zone, possibly?

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Does anybody know? I thought we had a round robin tourney set for yesterday? Can't find anything anywhere. Wayne State, UNI, and Minny. Just wondered how it went and how we looked.

Strange there is nothing up on our athletic page. Gopher web shows them beating us in Round 3: 25-21, 14-25, 26-24. They only had the Gopher match scores, they beat Wayne State and lost to UNI.

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
They have it up now. It says we won against Wayne State and UNI and lost to Minn. Also says Hannah Willms had 10 kills against wayne st., Matlock had 10 kills against UNI, and Peterson had 10 killls against Minn. (good to see Willms play well)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron