Spring Schedule Announced

Will

Aug 17, 2011
Volleyball Announces Spring Schedule - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

There it is, for better or worse. I'll be interested to see how they fare against Illinois. An interesting location, too. Wonder what the story is behind the elementary school in Centerville, or is it just half-way?

Yes it will be very interesting. Take a look at the roster. We only have 1 OH. Where did Hockaday go? We are gonna get killed in the spring. Oh well, it is just spring ball.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Yes it will be very interesting. Take a look at the roster. We only have 1 OH. Where did Hockaday go? We are gonna get killed in the spring. Oh well, it is just spring ball.

Wow, maybe there's an issue with the knee for Hock. I hope not. Straube could maybe play outside, but I think Matlock's in the middle for good. That's a pretty thin group.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
The roster I am looking at has Hockaday listed. Am I missing something?

Like the schedule. If you want to be the best, play the best. Coach has her sights set high, and more power to her. Cream puffs in the Spring or early season to bloat the record don't help when it really counts.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
The roster I am looking at has Hockaday listed. Am I missing something?QUOTE]

Hock was added from the time Will and I looked at it. She wasn't there this afternoon. Whew.

I'm glad we're playing Illinois, they're close, good and it makes sense financially. I have a thing about playing NU. I think their AD and administration went out of their way to hurt our conference because of their perceived relevance on a national stage for football. They were losing ground in this conference, and they left us, KU, KSU, and Baylor really exposed because of it. It was intentional. They thought it would blow the league up, and it came close. That irks me. I don't think we need to help their cause in volleyball. I wonder how many people still have dates or dinner with their ex-whatever after their relationship is over? I want to beat them badly, but only in the tourney.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
The roster I am looking at has Hockaday listed. Am I missing something?QUOTE]

Hock was added from the time Will and I looked at it. She wasn't there this afternoon. Whew.

I'm glad we're playing Illinois, they're close, good and it makes sense financially. I have a thing about playing NU. I think their AD and administration went out of their way to hurt our conference because of their perceived relevance on a national stage for football. They were losing ground in this conference, and they left us, KU, KSU, and Baylor really exposed because of it. It was intentional. They thought it would blow the league up, and it came close. That irks me. I don't think we need to help their cause in volleyball. I wonder how many people still have dates or dinner with their ex-whatever after their relationship is over? I want to beat them badly, but only in the tourney.

Don't disagree about NU. And I never doubt any motivation when it comes to college sports. I know more about hockey (which we don't have) but the motivations are obvious and not in the best interest of the athletes. But B10 has done some very smart things, and B12 needs to learn from history and clean up its act. [I know I am off topic!!!]

Will

Aug 17, 2011
Glad to see they added Hockaday to the roster. We are still mighty thin this spring. Petersen and Mahoney didn't get a lot of recognition like Jenson but their absence will greatly be missed. Taylor Knuth will need to step up big time to replace Petersen as RS. Backrow without Jenson and Mahoney could be a mess.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I don't know how we'll do in the spring, but we have a huge freshman class coming in the fall, and I think at least a couple of them are expected to have an impact right away.

Will

Aug 17, 2011
I don't know how we'll do in the spring, but we have a huge freshman class coming in the fall, and I think at least a couple of them are expected to have an impact right away.

Could be a year like 2008 where 4 of the 5 freshmen became starters. Not a bad year since we finished in the Elite 8. Only Hockaday is left from that class.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Think about this, though. We have a thread and people talking about volleyball at Iowa State, now. How many schools have that going for them? It's gonna get better, and has. I think we have 4 positions set , and get 2 from the freshman class next year, with some rotation from kids on the roster. I look for a great year in 2012.