Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Didn’t go, just checked on Twitter: we won all three. Third set was to 15.

Reactions: BenEClone

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Watched ISU?Drake (3-0) and ISU/UNI (2-1). Had to leave before the hok match.

In general, I thought there was good defense and blocking. Offense was fairly good. Lots of newer faces. Maya stood out. We need some more tall folks.

Edit: Got a chance to look at the roster and put names to numbers...

Faith DeRonde did a nice job serving and hitting. Very Active
Morgan Brandt did well running the setter position. Communicated well on the floor.
Jordon Hopp blocked well.
Lllly Wachholz had good serves and blocks.
Addi Heindemann did well in the setter position.
Libero...Stonestreet and Paula K. did well.
Hatch, Duckworth, Engelbrecht looked good.
Blocking was good with Kelsey Perry.

Missing a few but in general a good place to start.

Last edited:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Any intel on how the team fared in the last two spring events vs Marquette and vs TOE/Drake/UNI/WIU yesterday?

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I was in MN watching my daughter in spring ball so I missed it. Haven't seen ISU play at all so fall will be a total surprise if I get to see any matches.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The biggest thing I want to know about is how the setting looks. It's no secret that you need an above average setter to have a successful team.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
The biggest thing I want to know about is how the setting looks. It's no secret that you need an above average setter to have a successful team.
Morgan B was arguably the better setter out of the two utilized last season in the 6-2 for a team that advanced in the NCAAs. I think she will be improved. The question at setter may be is if Addi H will be good enough as the 2nd setter for CJL to stick with the 6-2 next fall. If not, will probably go with the 5-1.

I think we will be fine at setter, libero and MBs. Biggest question IMO is replacing the production of Holthaus with one or more of the OH returnees or newcomers.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
If we end up with Brandt at setter that is not a bad thing at all. They certainly have enough RS/OH on the roster for one of them to step up and score some points.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Didn’t see Petry (DS/Libero) on the roster. Did she transfer out?

Reactions: hiltonisheaven

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I was at the Marquette match. After the first two sets Duckworth didn’t play again and Morgan Brandt played sparingly so we went from dominating to struggling. Heidemann struggled some setting. I thought that Gonzalez looked like she has a ton of potential. I’m a novice.