Stadium Construction Pics 7/17

Hoggins

Sep 2, 2019
Probably will cross at 16th but jaywalking is going to be a lot tougher with the fence they are putting up along Elwood.

Walk to 16th, see a giant line of people waiting to cross, walk south along Elwood towards Reiman Gardens, jaywalk across Elwood.

I haven’t seen any pictures of a fences, but if there’s a will, there’s a way. Ain’t no way those kids are walking to that bridge though

• Dumb
Reactions: jcisuclones

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Walk to 16th, see a giant line of people waiting to cross, walk south along Elwood towards Reiman Gardens, jaywalk across Elwood.

I haven’t seen any pictures of a fences, but if there’s a will, there’s a way. Ain’t no way those kids are walking to that bridge though

Ain't no way those kids are climbing those fences that stretch all the way up to South 4th. It's still going to be a "hearding cats" scenario on South 16th and Elwood (University).

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes, that’s not gonna happen. Drunk college kids are gonna cross at 16th or jaywalk like always.

Bridge is cool, but it’s barely gonna get used

The RV lot, and Haunted forest peeps will definitely use the bridge. So will the folks in the G4, G5, G8, and G9 grass lots who have seats on the east side of the stadium.

Reactions: cyclone87

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

S16th and Elwood will still be a crossing point. The bridge wasn't designed to take that away, it was designed to make a Safe crossing route for people who park east of the stadium. Prior to the bridge there were way too many people cutting across the road, especially after the game.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I just realized how much closer the new student section will be to the student lot. I foresee an uptick in shotgunned halftime beers back in the lots

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Ain't no way those kids are climbing those fences that stretch all the way up to South 4th. It's still going to be a "hearding cats" scenario on South 16th and Elwood (University).

Do we think eventually they will put in a bridge and/or tunnel on the South side of the stadium??

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The new bridge and road/path that I've drawn on this image will be nice for those that park in the S 16th lots. You'll be able to go north without having to walk to Elwood.

View attachment 100810

S16th and Elwood will still be a crossing point. The bridge wasn't designed to take that away, it was designed to make a Safe crossing route for people who park east of the stadium. Prior to the bridge there were way too many people cutting across the road, especially after the game.
#ElwoodForever

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
#ElwoodForever
wbHNR.jpg