Stansbury Loses His Mind: Breece is Better Cheetah than Cheetah is Breece

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
https://cyclonefanatic.com/2020/03/...s-who-would-be-more-successful/#disqus_thread

Jared has apparently quarantined all his brain cells this time. There is simply no way that a 120 pound cheetah - even a cheetah that artificially understands the game of football, is going to play well, or probably even survive without injury, a single college footballl game, much less transform the Cyclone offense beyond what it currently is with humans.

A) Even the lightest defensive player in Division one will have 40-50 pounds on a cheetah. Some linebackers will have 100 pounds. God help the cheetah who smacks into a DE.

B) Even with practice and a knowledge of strategy, the cheetah's physical instincts are poorly suited to the game. Check out cheetahs tussling with just 2 or 3 men (or even 1!), much less 11, in the field of play:

The cheetah's launch vs. opposition (as opposed to an open sprint) results in an instant dead ball: BOTH forearms touch the ground. The cheetah is MUCH more likely to lose yardage behind the line of scrimmage just by attempting to make a cut, than he is to dash to daylight while maintaining a live-ball stance. This is, of course, completely ignoring the fact that it is an equipment violation to play without a regulation mouthguard, and a cheetah could not carry the ball in its mouth AND maintain a mouthguard.

C) Let's give Stansi the benefit of the doubt - clearly he's worshipping at the Chester Cheeto Church of Cheetahs - and say that his fantasy of the cheetah out-Breecing Breece to the end zone on nearly every offensive play is correct. Too bad! The Cyclones still lose nearly every game! The problem won't be the points scored (8 pts per end zone - because the "automatic cheetah" would make 1pt xps stupid strategy) - but in the dismantling of the Cyclone defense.

No defense can overcome a massive time of possession deficit, and the cheetah "every play scores" scenario guarantees that the Cyclone defense would be on the wrong end of the time of possession: possibly 55 minutes to 5! Eventually, the opponent would be scoring on every possession.

"Too late," cries Stansi, gripping the handrests of his Throne of Lies, "Cheetah Cyclones already lead in scoring and will continue to score automatically everytime they possess the ball. The bad guys will never catch up!"

Wrong.

See, in football, there's a little thing called "the onside kick", and even if it only has a 10% of success, the opponent will attempt it now after EVERY scoring play. Why not? The Cheetahclones are going to score automatically in 5 seconds whether they start with the ball on the 25 or the 50. So, with the opponent's offensive chances possibly tripling or quadrupling against a completely gassed defense, by the 3rd quarter, the calculus turns in the opponent's favor: the Cyclone lead begins to steadily erode. This doesn't even account for the fact that onside kicks fail so frequently because of their infrequent use. As demonstrated by the Atlanta Falcons last year, good onside kick plays that have been well practiced succeed at a much higher rate.

Front-running is great in football, but if you could promise me a half-time lead or 55 minutes in ToP, I'm taking that ToP every time. When Coach Campbell had to decide between Breece Hall and a cheetah with only one scholarship open, he made the obvious right choice. Breece Hall > cheetah in every possible facet of the game.

Come on, Jared. Didn't you ever learn that cheetahs never prosper?

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
https://cyclonefanatic.com/2020/03/...s-who-would-be-more-successful/#disqus_thread

Jared has apparently quarantined all his brain cells this time. There is simply no way that a 120 pound cheetah - even a cheetah that artificially understands the game of football, is going to play well, or probably even survive without injury, a single college footballl game, much less transform the Cyclone offense beyond what it currently is with humans.

A) Even the lightest defensive player in Division one will have 40-50 pounds on a cheetah. Some linebackers will have 100 pounds. God help the cheetah who smacks into a DE.

B) Even with practice and a knowledge of strategy, the cheetah's physical instincts are poorly suited to the game. Check out cheetahs tussling with just 2 or 3 men (or even 1!), much less 11, in the field of play:

The cheetah's launch vs. opposition (as opposed to an open sprint) results in an instant dead ball: BOTH forearms touch the ground. The cheetah is MUCH more likely to lose yardage behind the line of scrimmage just by attempting to make a cut, than he is to dash to daylight while maintaining a live-ball stance. This is, of course, completely ignoring the fact that it is an equipment violation to play without a regulation mouthguard, and a cheetah could not carry the ball in its mouth AND maintain a mouthguard.

C) Let's give Stansi the benefit of the doubt - clearly he's worshipping at the Chester Cheeto Church of Cheetahs - and say that his fantasy of the cheetah out-Breecing Breece to the end zone on nearly every offensive play is correct. Too bad! The Cyclones still lose nearly every game! The problem won't be the points scored (8 pts per end zone - because the "automatic cheetah" would make 1pt xps stupid strategy) - but in the dismantling of the Cyclone defense.

No defense can overcome a massive time of possession deficit, and the cheetah "every play scores" scenario guarantees that the Cyclone defense would be on the wrong end of the time of possession: possibly 55 minutes to 5! Eventually, the opponent would be scoring on every possession.

"Too late," cries Stansi, gripping the handrests of his Throne of Lies, "Cheetah Cyclones already lead in scoring and will continue to score automatically everytime they possess the ball. The bad guys will never catch up!"

Wrong.

See, in football, there's a little thing called "the onside kick", and even if it only has a 10% of success, the opponent will attempt it now after EVERY scoring play. Why not? The Cheetahclones are going to score automatically in 5 seconds whether they start with the ball on the 25 or the 50. So, with the opponent's offensive chances possibly tripling or quadrupling against a completely gassed defense, by the 3rd quarter, the calculus turns in the opponent's favor: the Cyclone lead begins to steadily erode. This doesn't even account for the fact that onside kicks fail so frequently because of their infrequent use. As demonstrated by the Atlanta Falcons last year, good onside kick plays that have been well practiced succeed at a much higher rate.

Front-running is great in football, but if you could promise me a half-time lead or 55 minutes in ToP, I'm taking that ToP every time. When Coach Campbell had to decide between Breece Hall and a cheetah with only one scholarship open, he made the obvious right choice. Breece Hall > cheetah in every possible facet of the game.

Come on, Jared. Didn't you ever learn that cheetahs never prosper?

I am absolutely blown away. I need to kneel at the alter of the Chester Cheeto Church of Cheetahs before I can truly process this.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
CF is going coo coo for coco puffs after just a few weeks in lockdown. I can't wait to see how batshit crazy this place gets after another month of this.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
Hey, blame Jared. I'm the voice of reason.

Don't get me started on the fact that after the first touchdown, the Cheetah will be too exhausted to eat, much less recover for another run. In a a three-to-four hour game, you'll be very lucky to get more than 3 or 4 running plays out of the cheetah. I think he'll accidentally kneel for all 4 plays, but even if he doesn't, he's going to account for no more than 32 points, at best, and that means trading 4 5 second plays versus, at minimum, 16 downs for the opponent (4 3-and-outs, which is unlikely even for really ineffective opposing offenses). Even if that at some point puts the Cyclones up by 32-0, the Cyclone defense is much better served by Breece taking those 4 plays as a part of an offensive package, or at least reserving the cheetah for a gimmick play.

Complimentary football means no doggone cheetahs. Ever

Help Support Us

Become a patron