alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Ugh. I can't stand the shorter seasons. Longer seasons give us more ability to get to know the characters, have side stories, etc.

Without the longer seasons of TNG we'd be missing a ton

I personally wish we could get something in the middle like 12-14 episodes

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I personally wish we could get something in the middle like 12-14 episodes

Even 12-14 felt short to me, but certainly better than the 8-10 of recent.

I don't need 26 (there were definitely a few episodes a season that were clearly actual filler like the clip show episodes), but while they say things like "we were just trying to fill 25 episodes" in that article, that doesn't mean all of those were bad things. They'd try a lot of things, some of them would hit and some of them wouldn't. Decreasing the number of opportunities to do something new doesn't guarantee you just get the 'hits' and drop the 'misses'. Some of the best episodes ever were episodes they went and told a side story. Inner Light. Lower Decks.

Plus the long breaks we have now in between seasons. Used to be a full year of shows, a few months off, then back with another 26 episodes. Now its 10 episodes (if that), and then wait a minimum of a year to get more. So your total content per year is even less.

I'd like to get back up closer to 20. Even if there's a short break in the middle somewhere

This "8-10 episodes, 2 years off, 8-10 episodes" thing so many streaming shows have gotten to is just unenjoyable.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Even 12-14 felt short to me, but certainly better than the 8-10 of recent.

I don't need 26 (there were definitely a few episodes a season that were clearly actual filler like the clip show episodes), but while they say things like "we were just trying to fill 25 episodes" in that article, that doesn't mean all of those were bad things. They'd try a lot of things, some of them would hit and some of them wouldn't. Decreasing the number of opportunities to do something new doesn't guarantee you just get the 'hits' and drop the 'misses'. Some of the best episodes ever were episodes they went and told a side story. Inner Light. Lower Decks.

Plus the long breaks we have now in between seasons. Used to be a full year of shows, a few months off, then back with another 26 episodes. Now its 10 episodes (if that), and then wait a minimum of a year to get more. So your total content per year is even less.

I'd like to get back up closer to 20. Even if there's a short break in the middle somewhere

This "8-10 episodes, 2 years off, 8-10 episodes" thing so many streaming shows have gotten to is just unenjoyable.

I do hate the long breaks in between these things. You always threaten losing your momentum too. Granted, the actors and writers strike only made the absences that much longer this go around on shows. SNW can't come soon enough.