Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-sequels-spinoffs-tv-shows/

Here is a bunch of new future direction of Star Wars movies going forward rumor that is out there right now. However, this stuff is at least coming from a fairly reliable source. Anyway, here is a quick summary.

-Next spin-off movie will be an Obi-Wan movie placed between episode 3 and 4. This will be a one-off movie, not a trilogy, and Gareth Edwards (Rogue One director) is likely to direct.

-Another spin-off movie will be the long-rumored Boba Fett movie. However, the movie will not focus too much on Boba as the main character, but will rather be more like an overall bounty hunter movie with an ensemble cast.

-After episode 9, Disney plans to take a little break from Star Wars movies for a few years to give the market a little break and kind of starve things out for wanting more. At that time, they will then start a new trilogy. Ultimately, they don't want to necessarily keep with the Star Wars movie every year thing.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Big week for Star Wars news as Star Wars Celebration starts Thursday. Will be interesting to see what comes out. For sure we'll be getting an episode 8 trailer. Hoping to here news of an Obi-Wan movie.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Big week for Star Wars news as Star Wars Celebration starts Thursday. Will be interesting to see what comes out. For sure we'll be getting an episode 8 trailer. Hoping to here news of an Obi-Wan movie.

There is no doubt that the Star Wars news front has been pretty dead lately, which is to be expected beings how everything usually gets saved up for Celebration. With that said, can't wait to get this thread rolling once the news starts flowing.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-sequels-spinoffs-tv-shows/

Here is a bunch of new future direction of Star Wars movies going forward rumor that is out there right now. However, this stuff is at least coming from a fairly reliable source. Anyway, here is a quick summary.

-Next spin-off movie will be an Obi-Wan movie placed between episode 3 and 4. This will be a one-off movie, not a trilogy, and Gareth Edwards (Rogue One director) is likely to direct.

-Another spin-off movie will be the long-rumored Boba Fett movie. However, the movie will not focus too much on Boba as the main character, but will rather be more like an overall bounty hunter movie with an ensemble cast.

-After episode 9, Disney plans to take a little break from Star Wars movies for a few years to give the market a little break and kind of starve things out for wanting more. At that time, they will then start a new trilogy. Ultimately, they don't want to necessarily keep with the Star Wars movie every year thing.

This great news. I would bet they slow down on Marvel for a bit too, at least with the huge blockbuster characters. Once they hand off to the younger gen heroes, they can pace it a bit better.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
FYI... been reading the Ahsoka book here recently and am near finishing. Solid book for any Ahsoka fans out there or just someone who is looking for a good book. It also gives you a good feel for what the Star Wars Universe looks and feels like after Episode 3.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
FYI... been reading the Ahsoka book here recently and am near finishing. Solid book for any Ahsoka fans out there or just someone who is looking for a good book. It also gives you a good feel for what the Star Wars Universe looks and feels like after Episode 3.

I didn't realize there was a book for her. Always been a fan, and she makes a great cosplay target regardless.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://www.cbr.com/mark-hamill-rian-johnson-fundamental-disagreement/

Here is a good article with Mark Hamill backpedaling on some of his previous statements about fundamentally disagreeing with the direction director Rian Johnson is taking looking in the upcoming Episode 8. Truthfully, even with what he says, this is still one thing that really worries me about this movie. Also, Mark Hamill backtracking now on his statements by pretty much saying now I get it doesn't really mean squat to me either. For one, does he really even mean it? Sounds to me much more of a hand-slapping response to save publicity for the film. There was no doubt Kathleen Kennedy was NOT happy to read Mark Hamill talking that way.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
http://www.cbr.com/mark-hamill-rian-johnson-fundamental-disagreement/

Here is a good article with Mark Hamill backpedaling on some of his previous statements about fundamentally disagreeing with the direction director Rian Johnson is taking looking in the upcoming Episode 8. Truthfully, even with what he says, this is still one thing that really worries me about this movie. Also, Mark Hamill backtracking now on his statements by pretty much saying now I get it doesn't really mean squat to me either. For one, does he really even mean it? Sounds to me much more of a hand-slapping response to save publicity for the film. There was no doubt Kathleen Kennedy was NOT happy to read Mark Hamill talking that way.

I never understood why what he said originally was such a big deal to begin with. If you go back and watch his whole original statement in context it's not that bad. People just took the one line and ran with "Hamill hates new Star Wars!". Frankly I trust Johnson's and Disney's vision more than Hamill's anyways.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I never understood why what he said originally was such a big deal to begin with. If you go back and watch his whole original statement in context it's not that bad. People just took the one line and ran with "Hamill hates new Star Wars!". Frankly I trust Johnson's and Disney's vision more than Hamill's anyways.

I think any controversy is with the hardcore fans where they think the the character of Luke is untouchable. Mark Hamil's comments sound like Luke is a changed person and is not the same Luke you see in episodes 4-6 and in any books. I think that is the issue. I think for more mainstream fans, they will enjoy the change as it will be different and an evolution to mainstream universe.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Wow. They should be in the middle of filming right now. WTF.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron