Start of something big

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Probably drinking way too much koolaid but this Oklahoma win feels a lot like the win in basketball vs Michigan a few years ago with dicky v in the house. You could just feel after the Michigan win that the program was changing for the good and on the rise. Started attracting recruits by style of play and young new players coach. The fans were starting to be noticed again and all the sudden you knew we had a team that could win or compete on any game on our schedule. I know we beat Oklahoma State but with a different coach at the helm now this one seems less like a fluke and more like a program changing win. New uniforms, new style of recruiting and new places we’re recruiting. I’m not saying we’re Alabama but I am saying these are good times to be a cyclones fan in football which is strange to say. Luckily the cyclones pulled an upset because it made the cowboys loss to the stupid packers a lot easier. Enjoy these times because they have been incredibly rare for us fans to experience. As much times as we’ve been kicked in the nuts we deserve it. Hope the outcome is the same or even better than our basketball program after the Michigan win

GuyMcPerson

Sep 6, 2016
I want to sustain wins. I want to regularly go 8-4/9-3 like K-State does with recruiting classes that are always ranked at the bottom of the conference with us. If we can identify real skill sets like speed (Nwangwu, Deshaunte, Tarique, Schleker, Josh Johnson), high pointing (Chase, Kolar, Shaw), power running (Montgomery), and power blocking (nobody yet when Seonbuckner is gone) to go along with run threat QBs (Devon, Re-al), I think we can be pretty good. Stars are so overrated since they are based on how good of a fit your are at Alabama. Wasn't Hakeem Butler at 2 star? Even though high pointing is a real, usable skill.

GuyMcPerson

Sep 6, 2016
Not that we have many available WR snaps right now, but how did the Hawks miss on this 6'6 WR who went to Ellsworth, lit up Arizona State for 18.6 ypc on 8 catches for 149 and 2 TD's, Paul Rhoads and Arkansas for 19.3 YPC on 9 for 174, and overall through 5 games, 35 catches for 5 TD's. And made this catch vs Arizona State. 2 star recruit inspite of high pointing. We can get these guys.

Code:
https://247sports.com/Player/Jaleel-Scott-87975?Institution=23613

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
Not that we have many available WR snaps right now, but how did the Hawks miss on this 6'6 WR who went to Ellsworth, lit up Arizona State for 18.6 ypc on 8 catches for 149 and 2 TD's, Paul Rhoads and Arkansas for 19.3 YPC on 9 for 174, and overall through 5 games, 35 catches for 5 TD's. And made this catch vs Arizona State. 2 star recruit inspite of high pointing. We can get these guys.

Code:
https://247sports.com/Player/Jaleel-Scott-87975?Institution=23613

Go to 1:20 and look at the lady in the backgrounds expression lol!

• Creative
Reactions: casey1973

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Everyone thought this after the osu win as you mentioned. To me, that game felt even more significant, (perhaps simply because it was a prime time night game) but nothing really came of it. Hope this one proves to be different.

Problem was recruiting and development fell apart then. If Campbell can keep his staff together, another hit to isu then, and keep doing what he's doing, then this will be different.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This staff appears to be extremely competent in actual coaching, but the bonus is that they also appear to be really tuned in with the mindset of the young recruits, and since they're all fairly young, they have an incredible energy about them. I have no doubt that they'll use this as a springboard to get the program to where they want it to be. It may be tough to keep them all if they succeed though.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I’m not going to go that far yet, the truth is (as Campbell said in his postgame speech to the team) this win means nothing unless they can build off of it. I think the OSU game was a better opportunity to build off of because it was at home, on a Friday with most of the country watching, and it got us to 6 wins with two more winnable games left (which we ended up losing both, and the subsequent bowl game). If we would have gotten to 8-9 wins that year, with most of our talent returning the next season, that would have been taking the next step as a program.

With this win, we are still sitting at just 3 wins on the year and have a lot left to prove. This may have been a coming out party of sorts for Campbell to show he is a big time coach, but unless the team can build off this and at least get to a bowl game in his second year, it’s just going to be a fun memory for the ISU players and fans. The culture change is evident, but more W’s will do all the talking.

• Agree
Reactions: ViktorLuzor