Starting Lineup

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
This isn't an overreaction to tonight's result, just an opinion based on this year's on court results. So far this year, this team is better when Nick Babb is on the court. He's a superior defender, passer, and rebounder to Long at this point.

We also could use any offense we can get off the bench with the way Jackson is playing so far this year. Hopefully if Naz rounds back into form he can provide that.

Edited thread title - in no way was I wanting to call out Naz, just wanted to start a discussion.

Last edited:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Our top 5 right now are Morris, Thomas, Babb, Bowie and Burton in no particular order.

Naz, Jackson and Holden will need to improve for us to hit our stride.

And hopefully Young can work back into the top 7-8. Right now, Holden is setting a pretty low bard.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Our top 5 right now are Morris, Thomas, Babb, Bowie and Burton in no particular order.

Naz, Jackson and Holden will need to improve for us to hit our stride.

And hopefully Young can work back into the top 7-8. Right now, Holden is setting a pretty low bard.

Let's all thank god that Jackson isn't our starting point guard right now. Remember when an assistant coach (I assume TJ) said he would lead us in scoring? Obviously that was before monte decided to stay.

I think he will be good, but he has a ways to go.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
As Fred would say, Naz needs to keep shooting. He will get out of it.

I posted in another thread, but over his last 150 3-pointers, Naz is under 30%. That's a very extended slump if we can even call it that. The figure includes about 50 attempts in the second half of the season two years ago, about 50 last year and about 50 this year. The injury obviously has a lot to do with it, but still, I do think there is some reason to be concerned, but certainly not alarmed.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Let's not act like Naz has been a total trainwreck. He was a big part of the reason we had any chance of coming back in the Zags game

Yeah his 16 points in the first half kept us in this game.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Let's all thank god that Jackson isn't our starting point guard right now. Remember when an assistant coach (I assume TJ) said he would lead us in scoring? Obviously that was before monte decided to stay.

Agreed that we would be in huge trouble if Monte didn't come back.

Monte coming back made Prohm a lot of money. We would likely be on a 4 game losing streak right now and on our way to finishing in the bottom third of the B12.

From there recruiting gets significantly harder. Opposing coaches would tell recruits that Prohm is in over his head and just lived off of Fred'a talent the first year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
In fairness, Naz was 4-7 from three.. just last game! But his shots are definitely more contested and tougher to find this year. Still say its due to no Monte/Niang creating havoc OR rebounding struggles to get transition 3's. If we want to pick every player apart, then tell me why our all-american candidate can't get to the rack to draw a foul in the last 5 minutes of games? But again, Monte does so much, so how can a fan even go there? Its just frustrating that we can't get to the foul line more, period. Guess the credit goes to Cincinnati.
Would have to watch a replay of the game, but from my seat I thought we were playing great defense.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Per a report his wrist is at 60%. I doubt TJ says that if he knows the circumstances now.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Our offense has been stagnant this leads to tough 3 point shots. The easiest three to make is off of a kickout where you can step into a shot. Right now we are not getting a lot of those. A lot of the 3s Naz is taking look rushed or are contested.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't really care who starts, but as I said elsewhere, I'd like to see the +/- on Babb for last night. I know for a fact that at least two of our runs came with him in the game. I'd also like to see him look to score more often, as I think he could get into the lane and pull up when he wants to (which would have been nice last night).