Steeler's fans

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I thought they were supposed to be loyal, tough guys.

Some cold weather and a little snow, and there must be 10,000 empty seats.

Wazzup?

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I thought they were supposed to be loyal, tough guys.

Some cold weather and a little snow, and there must be 10,000 empty seats.

Wazzup?

Seems like every game you see on TV there is a lot of empty seats at that stadium. Poor choice in seat color, bright yellow really shows when a seat is not occupied.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
As a Steelers fan, I don't know about all that. Weather is pretty miserable.

However it's painfully obvious that Pitt needs to put down some artifical turf in the offseason.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
As a Steelers fan, I don't know about all that. Weather is pretty miserable.

However it's painfully obvious that Pitt needs to put down some artifical turf in the offseason.

Could be the premium seats that you always see right behind the bench are the ones that are empty. The diehards usually don't have those seats.

And never, keep the real turf. They just need to manage how many 'other' events are played there. I heard a few weeks ago they hosted all the state football tournaments, a college game, and the NFL game in the same weekend.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Could be the premium seats that you always see right behind the bench are the ones that are empty. The diehards usually don't have those seats.

And never, keep the real turf. They just need to manage how many 'other' events are played there. I heard a few weeks ago they hosted all the state football tournaments, a college game, and the NFL game in the same weekend.

I love the real stuff - absolutely.

But something has to change. This is embarrasing and flat out dangerous.

I think when they had the Monday night game a few weeks back, they said they had Pitt pro and college football and high school playoffs. In Pennsylvania - that's probably alot of classes. I thought they said 11 games in 8 days. No field can stand up to that.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Wonder if Anthony Smith made another prediction this week? :no:

As I said last week - should've left him Foxboro.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The boo-birds are out in Pitt today. Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew are just ripping apart the Steelers D.

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
If you've been to Heinz Field (I've been several times) -it's set up where people can stand in these turnstile things. Every game there are several thousand fans standing up there.

The concessions are horrible. If you leave for a snack as soon as the 1st half ends, you'll be back to your seat around the 10:00 mark of the 3rd quarter. EVERY game they have there are emtpy seats until the 10:00 mark or so of the 3rd quarter, then there are ZERO empty seats.

Today they all walked upstairs as usual. If you know any history of Steelers v Jags lately they have the Steelers number. They are the only team in the NFL that gives them the same fits without any luck involved. Whenever they know it's not a must win game you can take it to the bank theSteelers will not play well too.

The NFL is great in terms of booing. I don't agree with it in College, but if your team deserves it, you WILL get booed in the NFL. I heard the Pats fans booing them and throwing snowballs today. It doesn't matter how good you are, you WILL get booed if you deserve it!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't think the Steelers need an artificial field. They should just limit the number of other games allowed to be played on their field - that's what killed them.

If they can't change that, then yes - they need to go artificial.