Stevie is out at UCLA

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The fanbase that revels in bitterness will be ecstatic.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Please please please Fred to UCLA.

I had to take back my "dislike" because I didn't think Fred's humble, Midwest background would work in LA. After thinking about it for a few minutes, his personality and style of play is about as close as they could get to re-capturing what John Wooden brought to the program. He actually could do really well there and could get any number of high profile assistant coaches to join him.

• Winner
Reactions: keepngoal

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
That ******* has been failing upward his entire life. He'll probably get named an NBA coach inside of a month.

Fred Watch on in LA?

Yup, were officially on Fred watch.
@TheSteinLine There have been persistent rumbles in NBA coaching circles that UCLA would pursue former Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg if it parts ways with Steve Alford ... which appears increasingly imminent. Whether Hoiberg can be lured back to the college game remains to be seen ...

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
.......well, you can recruit in a 100 mile radius and be awfully good.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
tenor.gif

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I remember watching him play at the Hilton. Every time Johnny's boys started to close the gap on Indiana, Alford would bury a shot.

He'll land somewhere, maybe at a mid-major.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I remember watching him play at the Hilton. Every time Johnny's boys started to close the gap on Indiana, Alford would bury a shot.

He'll land somewhere, maybe at a mid-major.

I was at that game, he didn't do much of anything till the last 5 minutes then he sort of jumped in and saved them.

He drove for buckets several times late because we were sort of lulled to sleep thinking he was only going to hoist shots.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I was at that game, he didn't do much of anything till the last 5 minutes then he sort of jumped in and saved them.

He drove for buckets several times late because we were sort of lulled to sleep thinking he was only going to hoist shots.
I have this memory of him shredding our press and I can see him hitting a shot by the right elbow. Need to look up those stats.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
It's interesting that ESPN.com doesn't have this news yet; they have an article questioning whether he can survive their struggles.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
wonder how much the twins are tied to hinsdale central. fred made a big deal about not pulling his daughter out of high school.

that said, i bet fred could talk ucla into giving him a 5/6 yr $25-30m deal - they'd be desperate to do that.

and it'd be even funnier if fred just made his assistants do all the traveling for recruiting, and fred could just host official visits in jan/feb/mar and lock up his classes in advance with kids 25 miles from campus.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'd be fine if someone punched him in the face on the way out...and his way out of anywhere, really.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
First you have to realize he is never coaching st ISU again. Then you look where he could be successful, then you look at what he wants. We can be certain of the first two.

After all that, he wouldn’t bother ISU out at UCLA.

Personally, UCLA is my seconds fav college team (wife is Alumn), so we get to cheer on Fred! FTR we boycotted UCLA MBB under Steve.