Story about Cyclone Fanatic - Jeremy

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Anyone ever wonder what got Jeremy to start cyclone fanatic? What he was thinking? How it got so popular with even Hawk fans?

You know Jeremy I would really like your views on how you got the idea and why, and what your thoughts are on it now. You have started something that wow, has took off like fire.

Just a report about the history of Cyclone fanatic would be great.

I bet hardly anyone really knows "The rest of the story"

I know I don't

Last edited:

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
I think they all should be registered

Get a map up with locations of all the fanatics would be great. You sign up and post your location.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
CHALLANGE #4: Get to know your Cyclone Fanatic Administrator

This week, you will work as a team to try to guess the answers to a questionaire I gave Jeremy, or fearless leader. All the answers will be in numbes, so whoever is simply closest to the answer he gave gets a point for that question. You have until 8:00 AM tomorrow morning to get me your answers via PM. Please have a captain submit to me one set of answer for the whole group. Here are the questions!

1. How long was Jeremy working on CycloneFanatic before it was launched?

2. What is the most number of days since the site's inception that Jeremy's been away from it?

3. How many wins does Jeremy think the football team wins this year?

4. How many passing TD's does Jeremy think Austin Arnaud throws this year?

5. How many passing TD's does Jeremy thinkPhillip Bates throws this year?

6. How many basketball wins does Jeremy think the men's team get this year?

7. How many basketball wins does Jeremy think the women's team get this year?

8. How many big 12 teams does Jeremy think go bowling?

9. How many total posts have there been on Cyclone Fanatic? (Up to the day I asked him)

10. On average, how many hours a week does Jeremy spend on Cyclone Fanatic?

11. How many Cyclone Fanatic all-nighters has Jeremy pulled in the last 2 and a half years?

12. How many Cyclone sporting events has Jeremy attended in the last two years?

13. What was the furthest (in miles) Jeremy went for a cyclone road game/competition?

GOOD LUCK!

There's the questions that were the challenge...now to see if I can find the answers...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Here we go:

Jer gave all the answers to both of us:

No problem. Below are the answers, let me know if you need anything clarified or changed:)

1. How long were you working on CycloneFanatic before it was launched?
- 1 Week. Most of the work took place as the site grew, nothing from the initial site version still exists in CF's current version.

2. What is the most number of days since the site's inception that you've been away from it?
- 0. I've never skipped a day visiting the site. My wife has had to put up with only going on one vacation since CF launched, and even then I was on the Blackberry and laptop several times a day.

3. Is there any kind of traffic number you can give me for the record day?
- Let's take this question out I'll work on getting a statistical breakdown for a future day.

4. How many cycredits exist total? (or is that impossible to tell)
- I would have to do some calculations on the database to get this, it'll have to be for a future day:)

5. How many wins do YOU think the football team wins this year?
- I'm a realist so I would have to say 6 although anywhere between 5-8 wins would be "doable". I can't see anything less than 5 and I can't see realistically anything more than 7, so 6 would be my answer.

6. How many passing TD's does Austin Arnaud throw this year?

7. How many passing TD's does Phillip Bates throw this year?

8. How many basketball wins does the men's team get this year?

9. How many basketball wins does the women's team get this year?
- 22 (including post-season)

10. How many big 12 teams go bowling?

11. How many total posts have there been on Cyclone Fanatic?
- Without counting most of the 1st year's posts which are lost, 554,931 in the past 1 1/2 years. Note that probably 10-15,000 more than that in the past 1 1/2 year have been lost due to a technical issue early last year that took out a few very big threads (5,000+ posts each).

12. On average, how many hours a week do you spend on Cyclone Fanatic?
- On average I would have to say 80 hrs a week at the minimum. Some week are closer to 120 if I'm working on features or enhancements. Then again, I always have my email w/ me 24/7 :)

13. How many Cyclone Fanatic all-nighters have you pulled?
- Too many to remember. Estimate would be 25 over 2 1/2 years.

14. How many different Cyclone sporting events did you attend?
- Since CF started, it would be around 50 (FB+MBB season tickets plus misc events/games).

15. What was the furthest (in miles) you went for a cyclone road game/competition
- Unfortunately, I haven't gone on a road trip, it would be nice to - but difficult to tear me apart from the site that long around game-day.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
did you send them this
standard-certificate-3.jpg

LOL

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Did Jeremy start this because he was bored and wanted something for the Cyclone fans out there? Was there not a site for us wacked out cyclone fans?

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Did Jeremy start this because he was bored and wanted something for the Cyclone fans out there? Was there not a site for us wacked out cyclone fans?

The site started after Jeremy was posting updates on CycloneReport of Wayne Morgan's firing, and the ensuing coaching search. He started it as just a blog if I remember right than added forums.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
i remember wayne's last season we were heading down the toilet so i typed in firewaynemorgan.com to see what would be there and it sent me here. i have been here ever since.