STORY: Free throws, clutch play lift Iowa State to second win over AP top 10 team

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
There could be more to this story, though not much more. I could say we handled the guy relatively well looking at the topical history of the KSU-ISU. I think the recent back storyline started with our destroying KSU at home in a November football snowstorm, Tang's flunking the integrity test, and the T that wasn't called with the late-in-the-game ball kick occurred.

It was a tense game with the Iowa State squad under stress after recent losses and KSU featuring the return of their star Lee. In 2OTs we finally prevailed as some rando yelled inconguities to disrupt our players' free throws, which in the end decided the game.

It was great people apologized that he was ridiculed to his face. However, I would not tell him to quit his antics nor apologize to him for what was done in response to his acts.

Generally speaking, most people were great with Iowa Nice. They would grimace and gripe to the people around them, but only a few addressed him personally. I heard one guy simply say several times "that's not cool." I never saw anything get thrown on him, but it seemed like something did, maybe like the ice from a cup of pop that got flung at him. He was definitely chill. Disturbingly so. He must have had a big dose of Tang's social cluelessness.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Twister Sisters
Once again, 'Twister Sisters' is great. It is original and gets to the heart of it. It isn't a diminutive version of Cyclones like 'Lady Cyclones.' I love Twister Sisters but I don't want to hearken back to the '70s and before when we couldn't just recognize the women's teams as on par with the men's teams so schools, especially southern schools, felt like they had to put "Lady" in front of their mascot names. To this day a good portion of the southern schools hold on to this archaic practice.

For the last time I am not hating on the Twister Sister moniker or other clever nicknames.