STORY: Iowa State showcased its younger players during a blustery spring game Saturday

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Iowa State showcased its younger players during a blustery spring game Saturday.

More here from @RobWGray:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So we have all these dinged up guys everywhere, according to CMC himself, but supposedly only Willich that will be out for significant time.

With that being said, are there any concerns about any other starters possibly missing some time? Just didn’t remember this many guys sitting out spring games in the past? Any real worries?

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So we have all these dinged up guys everywhere, according to CMC himself, but supposedly only Willich that will be out for significant time.

With that being said, are there any concerns about any other starters possibly missing some time? Just didn’t remember this many guys sitting out spring games in the past? Any real worries?
Football is a physical game. Can't control injuries.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Football is a physical game. Can't control injuries.

Yep. Just wondered if there were any rumors/concerns that anyone else could miss some time?

Sounds like Rocco and Noel and Higgins for instance participated in some of the warm up sessions today, just not in the game. Did anyone see any significant guys that were just in street clothes all day?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yep. Just wondered if there were any rumors/concerns that anyone else could miss some time?

Sounds like Rocco and Noel and Higgins for instance participated in some of the warm up sessions today, just not in the game. Did anyone see any significant guys that were just in street clothes all day?
Abu and Carson were also on the sideline.

I’m not going to worry about it until I hear something different when summer camp opens.

Right now I’m sitting back waiting for the last handful of “portal” moves to drop. Not going to speculate who.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Abu and Carson were also on the sideline.

I’m not going to worry about it until I hear something different when summer camp opens.

Right now I’m sitting back waiting for the last handful of “portal” moves to drop. Not going to speculate who.

So Abu and Carson were in street clothes all day then?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
On a side note, I really like the cardinal helmet, black jersey, and cardinal pants look. Sharp.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

There is no point in those guys playing in the spring game. They are known commodities, let the younger guys get reps and prove themselves.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I loved Campbell's most truthful answer ever about whether we should take anything significant about the offense from the spring game.

"No!"

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You said they were "on the sideline". Technically, so were Rocco, Noel, and Higgins... but I heard they participated in pre-game warm up drills. I take it Abu and Carson didn't?
You mentioned Rocco, Jaylin and Jayden in the post I quoted. What part of “also” is hard for you to follow. Seriously?

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
No, Sama and Carson were in uniform. I arrived at 10:15 am and saw Becht, Sama, and the others scrimmaging with offense going South. Then about 10:25 they stopped and started doing position drills. Those guys are fine, just not showing us what they can do. I saw one D-line, I think it was #97, guy with a boot on his left foot and a scooter.