Studen Ticket Question

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
attachment.php

First time doing this. I just got an email that contained the above text.

Can someone explain what exactly they mean by this? I just assumed they oversell. I know for Kansas I have to get in line to get my ticket but I heard other games I should be fine showing up at any time?

Sorry, just need some clarification.

Attachments

• e28d59d022.png
    e28d59d022.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 251

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Yep its because they oversell tickets, but you'll probably be fine. Most games last year had plenty of seats available in the student section. Even the Kansas game last year had seats available.

Last edited:

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Technically every game is oversold. You will have to go early as **** for the Iowa and Kansas games. Everything else should usually be fine. A lot of the students only care about 2 games. Maybe 3 with an occasional big non-con in town.

If you go to every other game before they open the doors for students the line won't be bad, even if you show up as they open the doors, and you should be able to get a good lower deck seat.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Technically every game is oversold. You will have to go early as **** for the Iowa and Kansas games. Everything else should usually be fine. A lot of the students only care about 2 games. Maybe 3 with an occasional big non-con in town.

If you go to every other game before they open the doors for students the line won't be bad, even if you show up as they open the doors, and you should be able to get a good lower deck seat.

No you don't unless you're wanting to sit down low. I thinks it's happened once where they have actually reached capacity.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

That's good information.

Protips, what time do you normally shoot for to wait to get into bigtime games? And what about the assigned seating thing for student break games?

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
No you don't unless you're wanting to sit down low. I thinks it's happened once where they have actually reached capacity.

I guess you wouldn't need to if they do the assigned seats like they did for KU last year but that turns into a commitment on an earlier Saturday to stand in line then.

If it's just a typical game day with no preassigned seating then you'll still have to go earlier than other games if you want a good seat. I wasn't referring to actually getting in.

I think the Iowa game 2 years ago was when students were turned away though, so I'd still guess it might be necessary to go ahead of time assuming it will be another Top 25 matchup.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
They've been doing this for three years and students have only been turned away once I believe (Iowa 2013). Some people claim they couldn't get in for Kansas one of those times but the AD disputes that. Those would be the only two games where this could even possibly be a problem barring a huge jump in attendance this season.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
That's good information.

Protips, what time do you normally shoot for to wait to get into bigtime games? And what about the assigned seating thing for student break games?

Depends what kind of seat you want. Just to get in the arena? Probably an hour before tip and you'll be fine for Iowa/KU. Want to get in the lower bowl? Could take a lot more. I was in line for Iowa 2013 about four hours before tip and due to a comedy of errors I didn't get lower bowl. I was in line about three hours early for Michigan 2013 as well and I got about 2/3rds of the way up the lower bowl. Be prepared to be frustrated/annoyed by people saving seats and cutting in line. It really stings when you wait that long and they pretend their time is much more valuable than yours.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Too many students only care about the Kansas and Iowa games. Those are the students that usually also get lower seats saved or cut in line.