Students at the Texas game

cyclonemarc

Mar 3, 2013
Newton, IA
I had an interesting evening sitting in the balcony of the student section after purchasing a ticket thru ISU being a JCC holder. I was pleasantly surprised how many students stayed in town for the game. They sang the national anthem and they sang it louder than anyone in my normal section. They were involved the whole evening and I enjoyed sitting amoung them. Way to go students!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Yep. It is a great atmosphere. We wandered over to it several times over the years when we had kids at ISU. One big improvement over when I was a student: they don’t grab people and pass them anymore.

Even back in the day when I was a student, we sang the words without them lit up in the stadium ribbon. The announcer says to join the band, I am not sure why so few do it. Husband and I do and sometimes people stare at us like we are nuts. I always cheer “USA” like the students do at the end.

The women ahead of us last night were impressed by the students singing as well.

Reactions: aauummm

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
We sat in the student section for a couple of years after I graduated because we liked the energy. Then one of our group got peed on accidently because the drunk kid behind us didn't want to go to the bathroom and was peeing into an empty beer can. After that we re-evaluated how much we liked the energy in the student section.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
It’s almost as if they should have keep the students in better seats. Just saying.
Corrected
Flip the team back to the east side of the stadium like they were in CMC's first season and they can. But having them on the opposing sideline, the big12 has a lot of say in their placement

Last edited:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Flip them back to the west side of the stadium like they were in CMC's first season and they can. But having them on the opposing sideline, the big12 has a lot of say in their placement

You mean the east side? Students haven’t been on the west side.