Students seats moved at Oklahoma

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Do we care about this since we will never play them again?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I find it interesting that the students surround the visiting band.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So is there a reason we should care about this?

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
At least Oklahoma realizes that your home band needs to be next to your students. Are we the only school that separates them? Its seriously really stupid.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
At least Oklahoma realizes that your home band needs to be next to your students. Are we the only school that separates them? Its seriously really stupid.

ISU used to have the band in the south endzone back in the day, was our student section back in the northeast those days? By the time i was going to ISU the band was in the north with the students.

Maybe if we ever bowl in the northside we can find a way to get the students in the northwest corner if the AD is too scared at having the students on the visiting side.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Still waiting for the purpose of this thread. Is it just an excuse to ***** about seating in Jack Trice again? Do we really need another thread about that?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
ISU used to have the band in the south endzone back in the day, was our student section back in the northeast those days? By the time i was going to ISU the band was in the north with the students.

Maybe if we ever bowl in the northside we can find a way to get the students in the northwest corner if the AD is too scared at having the students on the visiting side.
This was the case in the early 2000s. Band was in the South bleachers with the students in the northeast. Pretty sure nobody would claim that we had a very good GameDay environment in that period.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
This was the case in the early 2000s. Band was in the South bleachers with the students in the northeast. Pretty sure nobody would claim that we had a very good GameDay environment in that period.

And before the "permanent" bleachers there was a 5-6 year period where the band was moved around depending on how many tickets could be sold for a particular game.

*In the student section
*South end zone scaffolding bleachers (RIP instruments)
*Partially in the student section, partially on the "track"
*Completely on the "track"