STUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
SIAP but Stu got his first bucket tonight! The bench exploded and John Walters asked CSP if he threw his shoulder out because he fist pumped so hard. I see a NOY award in Stu's future. Great to see.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Prohm also said that Stu waived off another isolation play for him.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He is the second coming of Big Skogs.

Always appreciated that he managed to stick it out to the end...couldn't have been easy for him going through Eustachy's practices and battling against guys like Fizer and Johnson down low every day.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Last minute of the game was pretty darn fun Stu getting in, lots of people cheering for him even with the students gone. The place went crazy when he scored. Then Coppin State sticking the ball between the rim and the back board.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The guys that Stu practices against all of the time looked overjoyed on the bench when he scored.

We went to a Kangaroos break game when Tyler Ellerman was sporting a black eye that he undoubtedly got in practice.

CtownCyclone

I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Always appreciated that he managed to stick it out to the end...couldn't have been easy for him going through Eustachy's practices and battling against guys like Fizer and Johnson down low every day.

A lot of work, yes. But imagine how it feels to be at Hilton, with the fans chanting your name and erupting when you simply enter the game.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
A lot of work, yes. But imagine how it feels to be at Hilton, with the fans chanting your name and erupting when you simply enter the game.

I'm not sure how I would feel if I was that guy, depends how self aware you are of the situation and how you would react to that. I mean every year their is the awkward end of the bench white guy that the crowd pulls for. I'd be nervous as I know I'm only getting in for small amounts of garbage time and the entire crowd is watching my every move, and will go nuts if anyone tosses me the ball.

Even at home on my couch I went nuts when he scored.

edit: maybe not always a white guy, iirc Aaron Agnew was that guy one year.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I bet he loves getting patronized

I thought he has even said he knows his place on the team & loves it. Could have sworn he's mentioned in an interview that he loves it when the crowd goes crazy when he gets in, but maybe I'm imagining that.

CtownCyclone

I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I'm not sure how I would feel if I was that guy, depends how self aware you are of the situation and how you would react to that. I mean every year their is the awkward end of the bench white guy that the crowd pulls for. I'd be nervous as I know I'm only getting in for small amounts of garbage time and the entire crowd is watching my every move, and will go nuts if anyone tosses me the ball.

We all wanted Agnew to be the next Skogs. But he couldn't deliver.

Skoglund went to ISU on an academic scholarship, so it's pretty fair to say he knew what was going on.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I just hope the next time he is called upon, he walks onto the court and starts waving his arms to pump up the crowd.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012

knees weak, arms are heavy
theres vomit on his jersey already
mom's spaghetti

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron