Sudden Divorce Syndrome

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sudden Divorce Syndrome -   MSN Lifestyle: Men

Some of these stories are horrific. I hope it never happens to me. I am so invested in my family both emotionally and financially, I dont know what I would do if it got taken away. Leave it to MSN to put an article like this out there so close to Christmas. Isnt the suicide rate higher around the holidays?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Did she take it all and throw him to the curb?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
You gotta wonder if he drove her away from all of his working. How could the court system not give him more than what he got.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm just thankful my wife is the type of person who can't bottle emotions and tell them at the last minute. She usually tells me when something is bothering her right away.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I'm just thankful my wife is the type of person who can't bottle emotions and tell them at the last minute. She usually tells me when something is bothering her right away.

Ha mine bottles it for about a week and then something small I do sets her off. I usually expect it, so I prepare. Most of the time we communicate well enough. I tend to be a bottler as well but I dont unload it like she does, I absorb it and move on if its trivial enough.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ha mine bottles it for about a week and then something small I do sets her off. I usually expect it, so I prepare. Most of the time we communicate well enough. I tend to be a bottler as well but I dont unload it like she does, I absorb it and move on if its trivial enough.

No matter what our wives are like, the key is to learn their tendancies so you're not blindsided. I guess I'm pretty lucky overall.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
You gotta wonder if he drove her away from all of his working. How could the court system not give him more than what he got.

I just dont get how because he works he should have to pay so much. She left him. Cant she get a job? I understand splitting the assets. That makes sense, but to have to pay her monthly is absurd.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Ya that would pretty much SUCK. I'm pretty much nothing without my better half and three girls. Sometimes us guys can put so much into work or sports or play(whatever, pick your poison) that we take them for granted and don't realize it till they say goodbye. Then you realized what you had and it's too late.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ya that would pretty much SUCK. I'm pretty much nothing without my better half and three girls. Sometimes us guys can put so much into work or sports or play(whatever, pick your poison) that we take them for granted and don't realize it till they say goodbye. Then you realized what you had and it's too late.

I'm guilty of that. I need to remember the games will still happen if I don't watch all of them! Othertimes, she needs to learn sometimes I just wanna chill and watch a freaking game.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
God the one guy took a grenade into a federal court house and got himself shot over how the courts screwed him. I could probably deal with losing the wife more than never seeing my kids. They are my world now.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
"Regular sex helps insulate a man from chronic stress, and that can pay off in increased longevity: In a study of 1,000 middle-aged men by researchers at Queen's University in Belfast, men who had sex at least three times a week had half the risk of heart attack or stroke of men who had sex less frequently."

This is proof that they want to kill us.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
And they wonder why men hire hitmen. I am serious. I would probably want to kill my wife if she did this to me.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I've got one...

Three weeks before Thanksgiving, my 72-year-old grandfather is left by my 63-year-old stepgrandmother. They'd both gotten divorced from their first spouses about 30 years ago, and they've been married for about 25 years. And why does she leave? She decides she wants to be with this 80-year-old guy with whom she had an affair 40 years ago when she was with her first husband.

My grandfather didn't see it coming. None of us saw it coming either. Not even her family saw it coming, and they still can't believe she's done it. Now she says she's going to file for divorce after Christmas. At least she's waiting until after the holidays... :confused:

EDIT: Clarified that she had the affair 40 years ago when she was married to her first husband. My grandfather is her second husband.

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My dad who was married prior to my birth had 3 kids with a woman he married right out of highschool. Some years down the road she left him for another man and tried her best to convince my half-sisters not to like him. My dad is a great guy with a big heart. He is a very sincere man. His ex-wife did really well with the payments my dad had to make to her and her new husband. They drove a very nice car and bought a nice house while my dad struggled to make ends meet. How awful. To this day there is still weirdness between him and my sisters. Divorce made them cold and bitter. Just recently has my older sister realized that she missed out all of these years on a good relationship with my father. Its sad really how much someone can devastate a family.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I've got one...

Three weeks before Thanksgiving, my 72-year-old grandfather is left by my 63-year-old stepgrandmother. They've been married for about 25 years. And why does she leave? She decides she wants to be with this 80-year-old guy with whom she had an affair 40 years ago.

My grandfather didn't see it coming. None of us saw it coming either. Not even her family saw it coming, and they still can't believe she's done it. Now she says she's going to file for divorce after Christmas. At least she's waiting until after the holidays... :confused:

Thats terrible! Im sure your grandfather is just crushed. Not just that she is leaving him now, but the fact that she had an affair years prior. Some people have no soul.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Thats terrible! Im sure your grandfather is just crushed. Not just that she is leaving him now, but the fact that she had an affair years prior. Some people have no soul.

Actually, she had the affair when she was married to her first husband. My grandfather is her second husband. Still--just weird.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Actually, she had the affair when she was married to her first husband. My grandfather is her second husband. Still--just weird.

So she has a history of issues apparently. Youd think she would have grown up by now.