Summer Recruiting Season

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Does anyone know where our coaches are? Who they're looking at?

From Twitter, it seems that

BF is in "Cinti" and "[h]ad lunch with Muffet McGraw from ND. I worked for her in her first year at ND. I got the Toledo job and she goes to the Hall of Fame!"

Likely an AAU tournament with lots of games.

Jodi wrote that she is hitting the recruiting trail after the holiday, but, no specifics.

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009
Does anyone know where our coaches are? Who they're looking at?

From Twitter, it seems that

BF is in "Cinti" and "[h]ad lunch with Muffet McGraw from ND. I worked for her in her first year at ND. I got the Toledo job and she goes to the Hall of Fame!"

Likely an AAU tournament with lots of games.

Jodi wrote that she is hitting the recruiting trail after the holiday, but, no specifics.

for the men, Fred started in Wisconsin Wednesday watching Matt Thomas, was in Indy yesterday at the Addidas camp, not sure today. We have someone at the Hoop Group Elite in PA, offered Kaison Randolph(6-2 guard) and Abdul Malik-Abu ( 6-6 forward) both are in 2014 class from the northeast

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Coach Steyer:

isucyclone Jodi Steyer
Two events within an hr drive, new teams, new faces. Next up, future Cyclone:)
I'm guessing that would be Blaskowsky.

isucyclone Jodi Steyer
Of course the team trying to play both events is probably stuck in traffic...and plays the team I need to watch #noforfeitsplease
Hmmm. This will be a fun one to figure out. I'll post when I do...

Last edited:

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
I am surprised that one of the staff isn't at the Indy 100 tournament in Indiana. All the teams are mainly from the Midwest. The two Nebraska teams, the Pinnacle and the Bison, are beating the big teams from the Chicago area. The Clones have never recruited anyone from Chitown. Maybe we should... lots of talent there.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
BF and Steyer are at the North Tartan Meltdown tournament in the Twin Cities area.

isucyclone Jodi Steyer

July recruiting, part II. Appropriately named 'Meltdown' trny will be a gr8 one.Thx to @ISUCoachFen got my Nike Outlet fix. Ready for games!
http://www.northtartan.com/index.cfm?page=modRecruiting&sec=pubRegisteredCoaches&id=8&dtd=true

For whatever reason, Fennelly and Steyer are (appropriately) at the top of the college coaches list with all the others listed alphabetically by school. :)

Last edited:

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Tessa Cichy plays for the Tartans. She was on our recruiting radar once. Most of the top teams in the Midwest will be there. Savanna T.'s team should be in this tournament too. I would think that All Iowa Attack should be there with Buckley, Kellogg, and Weeks. Pinnacle and the Bison should be there from Nebraska and that would mean that the tall young post player that we have offered would be playing.

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Most of the top teams in the Midwest will be there.

Right. There are likely a ton of recruiting targets there, including several we probably don't even know. I've heard of plenty of 2012 targets, but with Bingley's verbal we're probably done with 2012 now. We don't know too many 2013 (and beyond) targets, but a high percentage of the known targets will be there.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I'm guessing from vague hints on twitter that they are at Battle of the Plains in Kansas City the 26th-28th. Over the weekend, I figure they'll likely be at the Nike Nationals in North Augusta, SC. I believe that concludes AAU season.

The USA team for the World University Games starts practice July 31st, so Fennelly has no break before then. He'll be coaching them in practice in Colorado Springs through Aug 8th. At that time, they then they go to China. The competition is Aug 14th-21st.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I'm guessing from vague hints on twitter that they are at Battle of the Plains in Kansas City the 26th-28th. Over the weekend, I figure they'll likely be at the Nike Nationals in North Augusta, SC. I believe that concludes AAU season.

The USA team for the World University Games starts practice July 31st, so Fennelly has no break before then. He'll be coaching them in practice in Colorado Springs through Aug 8th. At that time, they then they go to China. The competition is Aug 14th-21st.

Looks like the All-Iowa Attack teams are all over this tournament, including Buckley and Kellogg's team.

USJN Basketball