Surly

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Surly finally arrives in Iowa tomorrow. Later in the week places like El Bait shop will have up to 16 handles. Anyone excited about a specific flavor.

A few that I've had and look forward to buying.

Cacao Bender
Furious
Overated

On tap
Darkness
Pentagram

Im not as big of fan of Abrasive as most people.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I haven't had anything from them yet (never in Minnesota), but plan on trying each one at a launch event this week!

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
My first thought was why does Surly rate his own thread? And why would a wildcat want to come up for the sooners game? :)

IF he cheers for ISU, more than happy to take his voice.. He seems like a good guy, someone you can sit and have a beer with and enjoy some games..

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
IF he cheers for ISU, more than happy to take his voice.. He seems like a good guy, someone you can sit and have a beer with and enjoy some games..

His timing is a little bit off occasionally, but all in all I don't mind him. He's realistic...and the enemy of my enemy (KU) is my friend. ;)

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Love their beer. Went to their new Taphouse the other week. Too much good with goat cheese and $12 burgers, and not enough beer food.

Tried something brewed with hot peppers in it. Nasty.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
excited1.gif

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Surly finally arrives in Iowa tomorrow. Later in the week places like El Bait shop will have up to (1)16 handles. Anyone excited about a specific flavor.

A few that I've had and look forward to buying.

(2)Cacao Bender
Furious
Overated

On tap
Darkness
Pentagram
(3)

(4) Im not as big of fan of Abrasive as most people.

I'll post this here since it's not BeerAdvocate and I feel like some of you can handle this better than some of those goobers:

(1) 17...there's a mystery handle they haven't said anything about...yet.
(2) Cacao Bender is draft only
(3) You missed Todd the Axeman. If any of you are a fan of Pseudo Sue, you'll dig Todd,
(4) BLASPHEMY!!! Abrasive is one of my favorite beers of all times.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
This is not a thread about bikes?

I know nothing about bikes but there is one outside the door of work every morning (6am) when I get to work.

#1 It looks like an SUV on wheels

#2 Whoever rides it is a badass because it's there every day regardless of weather.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
On a side note, don't forget about Beer Crazy where you can just buy single cans. I was just there and got a couple of each of the ones I like and at $2.50-$3 per can I think that's probably about the same price you would pay for a 4pack.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Heading up to Minneapolis today and plan on checking out the Surly Beer Hall. Also plan on visiting Dangerous Man and The Happy Gnome. I've visited Town Hall and Republic before so I thought I'd try something new.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Heading up to Minneapolis today and plan on checking out the Surly Beer Hall. Also plan on visiting Dangerous Man and The Happy Gnome. I've visited Town Hall and Republic before so I thought I'd try something new.

Have fun! Surly's facility is jaw dropping.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Surly.

But seriously, it is basically the only beer I drink now. I have Ryder Cup tix in Sept and plan on hitting the brewery as part of that trip.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

For the love of all that's good and holy, get to Steel Toe. Probably my favorite Twin Cities brewery.

Surly is awesome, and has great food, but Steel Toe still has that intimate tap room feel. Fair State is also a good spot, although almost comically hipster. Dangerous Man is very good, but a little overrated in my eyes. Bauhaus does really good lagers if you're looking for something on that front.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron