Survivor 44

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm hoping for a Tika final 3 as would be a hard vote for the jury. For that to happen though 1 would have to win final immunity and 1 would have to beat someone in a fire challenge so odds are it won't happen if I had to make a guess.

Carolyn probably would have been the smart vote but it's getting to the point everyone is probably counting their possible jury votes. If you vote out Carolyn that might be 1 less vote Yam Yam or Carson would have and also lost their numbers at the next vote too. I thought the way it was playing out she was going home so that was a surprise. Heidi is someone you want to take to the end because I don't think she has done anything and wasting her idol with no votes for you just proved it. If i had to guess Lauren probably wins if she makes it to the end because she survived the Tika 3 votes and has a lot of other stuff on her resume. If the Tika 3 or 2 of them make it to the end with Heidi it will be a lot more interesting where the jury lies. Yam Yam has a few on the jury that probably are not voting for him but also has played a good enough social game and won an immunity to possibly overcome it. If Tika is going to betray someone it will be this next vote or it won't happen and they try to get to the end together. Voting for Jamie was probably more about keeping the power for 1 more vote because if Carolyn went home it's 3 vs 2 and odds are Yam Yam or Carson would be next.

Going to kill me to not read this thread next Weds night. My 3rd grader has been watching with me all season so we usually watch the episode a day or 2 after it airs so will be saving it to watch with her as I've been all season. The fun thing is she has really gotten into the show this season that I plan to find some old seasons to stream over the summer so will be fun to rewatch those while they will be new to her.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I won't be watching the finale until Thursday night probably so will have to stay out of this thread on Weds night as much as it will kill me to know what happens...

Here's my predictions for how it plays out:

Final 3: Lauren, Heidi, Carson (who beats out Yam Yam at a fire challenge)
Winner: Lauren

My guess is Lauren wins at least one of the final 2 immunity challenges which will likely force the Tika 3 to vote out one of their own. Anyone left right now if they are playing to win should want to keep Heidi till the end as she hasn't built a resume worth winning. I still think it's possibly the Tika 3 stick to the end which would make for a difficult jury vote that 1 vote could make the difference. I see Carolyn and Yam Yam as the 2 mostly likely to win if they made the final 3 which is why I think 1 Tika will go home on the next vote regardless if Lauren or Heidi were to win immunity. All 3 Tika knows at this point they don't want to face each other against the jury vote and whoever survives the next vote 1 of them will likely have to face the other in a fire challenge if Lauren wins the last immunity challenge.

Carolyn is probably the most deserving to win out of the 5 at this point which is why I think she gets voted out next if she doesn't win immunity. I would love to see all 3 Tika in the final 3 but between winning immunity and not turning against each other the odds are that won't happen. How they would sell their game to the jury would really be interesting as they basically have worked together on every big vote so far. Carolyn probably would have the 1 big thing with having successfully kept an immunity idol secret then using it at the right time to save Carson and to insure they kept their number advantage. Yam Yam probably played the best social game of the 3 and has had votes against him but on the flip side there are people on the jury he made it known he wanted out because they voted for him which could work against him. Carson has played a good strategic game but I can't think of any big moves he's really made on his own so far.

It's been a pretty good season I think, much better than 41 and 42 were. Hoping some of the things fans have not liked about some aspects of the challenges becoming too predictable and overused where contestants are now practicing them at home results in some new twists and changes in upcoming seasons. Probably will not see that happen in 45 as they already filmed it but maybe 46 we see some of the issues start to get corrected or phased out that fans of the show are being critical of this season.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Man I thought it would be revealed that she saw that idol in the tree. She was so close to making final 4.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I’m too lazy to look it up, but since they have started doing the fire challenge, as the winner gone on to win the whole thing?

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Kudos to Heidi for making fire (and setting the record in the process), but my goodness, if she wins I will be so disappointed.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Carolyn, Carson, Heidi, Lauren were really idiots by not taking Jam Jam out when they had the chance. He clearly controlled the game. They had the chance to take him out and didn't. Stupid is as stupid does. He deserved the win, they deserved to lose. Fun season though.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Pretty emotional episode. Btw anyone else think Yam Yam is getting a winner edit right now? I don’t think they are giving anyone else the normal winners edit. Normally you can tell that the winner will be between a few different people that they concentrate on all the time.

Not trying to brag. Just saw it coming way back at the start. They have to quit the winners edit thing.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It was pretty obvious that Yam Yam was really popular and non-controversial with everyone. The others should have voted him out to have a real shot. It was his to lose.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Good season, kinda figured it was leaning towards Yam Yam as the final tribal played out. Surprised the vote was not a little closer though and Carolyn getting none as well. Bold move by Heidi, she had to do that to have any shot to win but her game up to then was really weak. Really liked how this cast played strategically but didn't go down any dark paths while doing so.

Hate how the challenges are so predictable now. Figured that ball game would be the last one and that has to change soon else everyone that goes on the show will build one and practice it if some already aren't. Still have the after show to watch tomorrow night.