Sweet Fancy Moses, Hawk all time great Connor McCaffery: back for 2022-23!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Discuss

Screenshot-20211218-223102-Chrome.jpg

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Thank goodness for DMR archives:

Connor McCaffery got a hug from his mom, Margaret, and his dad, Fran, at home Saturday evening.

Not exactly big news, right? Well, this was a little different. Connor, 16, a sophomore at Iowa City West, got the hugs after he committed to play basketball for his dad's Iowa team.

"I've always thought about what it would be like to play for him," said Connor, a 6-foot-5 point guard who helped the Trojans win the Class 4-A state title in March. "I've always wanted to do it. I never really considered it any other way."

ESPN ranks Connor 24th nationally in his class. He said his dad offered him a scholarship some time ago. He made an unofficial visit Saturday, hung out with the team at the Iowa-Northern Iowa football game and then visited one-on-one with his dad Saturday evening.

Spam

May 21, 2008
have any ISU coaches had their kid play for them? Any sport?

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Started 65 games for a B1G team and is averaging a point a game as a super Senior.
How is that even possible?
His minutes can explain why they have no guards, do not recruit any good guards that commit, and have had plenty of guards leave. Connor is also a punk and really dislike his entitlement.

Same goes somewhat for the other son. How can you recruit when you have TWO family members getting minutes.

The greg mcdermott and doug mcdermott thing was certainly the exception to the rule. It normally does not work well when you get the sons boys in a program.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
There’s so much going on here. I’m not sure what’s the most interesting statistic on there.

-Is it that his turnovers per game + fouls per game almost equal his career scoring average?
-Or is it the .339 career field goal percentage?
-Is it the fact that he’s shooting .143 from 3, but seems to only shoot 3’s now (2-14) and refuses to take any 2’s 1-2)?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I can’t believe Fran has enough pull to put his kids on scholarship. It’s the shady **** you see in the HS level at a Big 10 school.

Honestly I’m disappointed he doesn’t have a bunch of more average bball kids coming up.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I guess there's a reason he only had one offer even though he was supposedly a 4-star recruit. I'm equally as unimpressed with Sandfort the freshman. He looks like a boy among men there and the game he had in high school just isn't translating to the next level.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
The eiu website for his illustrious baseball career only has the 18/19 season.

The web seems to be scrubbed of any baseball after that time frame.

.238 BP, .310 SLG 4 years ago. It appears to have gone downhill from there.

4* basketball(allegedly), and MLB prospect to noon ball hoops and slo-pitch softball future. Looks like most past eiu "stars".

Caught a glimpse of Kenyon Murray in Sioux Falls tonight pimping "KM" t-shirts.

Kenyon Murray, the IC Levar Ball. Congrats. :mccaffery: :mccaffery: :oops: o_O

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron