Swimming at Iowa

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not downloading another app just to get score updates. Neither ISU or Iowa Twitter is giving a team score but Iowa is posting more wins and high finishes.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Iowa should crush ISU every year in swimming. canceling the sport and then backtracking has set them back. Last year was a 100 point or something as Iowa couldn’t field relays. Don’t count on this next year.

Personal note, their coach is a wet noodle, nice guy, getting paid for not much.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Iowa should crush ISU every year in swimming. canceling the sport and then backtracking has set them back. Last year was a 100 point or something as Iowa couldn’t field relays. Don’t count on this next year.

Personal note, their coach is a wet noodle, nice guy, getting paid for not much.
Why should Iowa crush ISU??

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
They got sued (Title IX) and huge backlash from swimming alumni- so they decided to keep.

But a lot of girls had already transferred out, so I think they are in rebuilding mode.
Iowa has a new coach. Will be interesting to see what it would take to rebuild. His recruiting in year 1 wasn’t too impressive, but built back the missing depth. take out diving, and the Cyclone win comfortably.
I suspect Barta might not Be funding the program quite to the level as pre Covid?

ilove Beyer Hall, but it is no longer a Power 5 level facility (hasn’t been for a while). . Ames High now has a better facility. I don’t see that changing anytime soon short of a Powerball win by someone.