T.J. Tampa projected as first round pick going into NFL Combine

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The idea that Lazard going undrafted is some travesty needs to end. Yes he was very valuable for the Packers. But in the end a undrafted guy being a 400 yard 4 TD guy really isn’t noteworthy.

As a Viking fan I hate to say it, but I think LaFleuer is the best offensive mind in the game and knows how to use his guys to leverage their strengths. Watching that 49ers Packers game was eye opening. GB had guys running wide open pretty much all day and Purdy had to throw into non-existent to super-tight windows all game.
Lazard is a solid WR3. He's a big body, is willing to do the dirty work, and isn't going to be an issue if he doesn't get the ball much. Nothing wrong with that. In hindsight he's definitely worth a mid to late round pick, which is where most fans thought he would go at the end of his career at ISU. ISU fans were dissapointed he didnt get drafted because he was a special player for us and we had gone a number of years without anyone drafted.

Reactions: rosshm16

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hardly anyone had a good year on the Jets offense outside of Breece, so you can't ding Lazard too bad for that. He is an UDFA so to be a multi year starter he has definitely exceeded expectations. Breece would be another guy I would argue has outperformed his draft position. A brilliant rookie season cut short by a bad injury only to come back the next year and finish 4th in all purpose yards on the worst offense in the NFL. He's a top 5 back in the NFL and would go in the first round if you were to redraft that class IMO. If he were on a good offense he'd be a superstar.

I could argue Montgomery is outperforming being a 3rd round pick.

Not crazy gaudy numbers but often the most steady/reliable piece of the offenses he's been on.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
If you would have told me two days ago there will be 21 (and counting) defensive backs taken before TJT, I would have called you nuts.
To be fair, this past season he didn’t have any big moments in games where you’d go “yeah, that’s Round 2 talent right there”.

I’d even argue that some of our other DBs outshone him a lot this past season.

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
To be fair, this past season he didn’t have any big moments in games where you’d go “yeah, that’s Round 2 talent right there”.

Dominant corners usually don't make the highlight reels because teams simply scheme away from them most of the time.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008

I thought he had a great year and did a good job of shutting down his receiver. The one game ISU played without him the defense wasn't near as good. I think he's dropping because of that 40 time and he's going to be a steal for someone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron