Tailgate restroom options near Hilton C1/C2 lot

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Wondering if anyone knows any reliable non-porto potty bathroom options for someone coming to my tailgate? They would like to tailgate for longer, but for personal reasons cannot use portos so they usually have to wait until close to gametime where they can get into Jack Trice. Thanks in advance for any help.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Wondering if anyone knows any reliable non-porto potty bathroom options for someone coming to my tailgate? They would like to tailgate for longer, but for personal reasons cannot use portos so they usually have to wait until close to gametime where they can get into Jack Trice. Thanks in advance for any help.
You can usually sneak into Scheman.

Reactions: SaraV and Erik4Cy

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
How reliable/easy would you say it is to get in to use Scheman restrooms? I really don't want the person to feel embarrassed or get in trouble with security.
There is no security so to speak and I have never been hassled by anyone. As long as there is an event somewhere in the building the doors are open and the bathrooms are right inside.

Reactions: Erik4Cy

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
There is no security so to speak and I have never been hassled by anyone. As long as there is an event somewhere in the building the doors are open and the bathrooms are right inside.
Gotcha. So only real concern would be if there isn't an event there on Saturday it could potentially be locked up?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Gotcha. So only real concern would be if there isn't an event there on Saturday it could potentially be locked up?
Correct. It also is not too far over to the Alumni Center but I have never attempted to go in but I doubt they check for membership cards or secret handshakes at the door.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Correct. It also is not too far over to the Alumni Center but I have never attempted to go in but I doubt they check for membership cards or secret handshakes at the door.
Great restrooms in Alumni for everyone. The gallery in Scheman doesn’t open until 1 so it may be iffy

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV and Erik4Cy

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I don't know how reliable this is, but the Brunnier Art Museum is located on the second floor Scheman and they have art exhibits throughout the fall and are open on Saturdays. So i think this would point to it being open.

1693339344166.png

Reactions: Erik4Cy

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
You should check out the Alumni Center, they don't check you for anything. I've met some amazing alums there. I even met a cyclone fan that had a booksigning for a book they wrote about the 21-22 football season.

Also great place to cool off or warm up on gamedays.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik4Cy and wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Great restrooms in Alumni for everyone. The gallery in Scheman doesn’t open until 1 so it may be iffy
You should check out the Alumni Center, they don't check you for anything. I've met some amazing alums there. I even met a cyclone fan that had a booksigning for a book they wrote about the 21-22 football season.

Also great place to cool off or warm up on gamedays.
From an Alumni Center email today:
The ISU Alumni Center, 429 Alumni Lane (adjacent to Lots A3/A4), opens three hours prior to kickoff and closes 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Cyclone Central is a family-friendly party in a temperature-controlled environment with indoor bathrooms.

• Informative
Reactions: Gorm and Erik4Cy

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Alumni Center is open to all, they just don't allow open containers in. (At least that was last yrs policy)

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
Two years ago when we were in that lot, people could walk into one of the doors in Hilton. Not sure if that is still the case, but on the east side you could to get to the lower bathrooms

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron