Tailgating: Your beer of choice?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Yeah dm bring them to the game....The one on the left has nice ahhhh hair, yeah hair!

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm assuming neither of you have ever done an Irish Car Bomb then...

3/4 pint Guinness Stout
1 large shot glass Bailey's Irish Creme

Drop... Chug.

It's like slamming chocolate milk - taste and consistency. One of the best drop & chug drinks out there...

Oh I'm well aware (Its 1/2 Jamison 1/2 Baileys for the shot). :wink: However, drinking 3/4 of a pint of Guinness out of a glass is much different than drinking a full Guiness out of a beer bong. Think lots and lots of head.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Oh I'm well aware (Its 1/2 Jamison 1/2 Baileys for the shot). :wink: However, drinking 3/4 of a pint of Guinness out of a glass is much different than drinking a full Guiness out of a beer bong. Think lots and lots of head.

Yeah, I wouldn't do Guinness out of a bong, either - that's just crazy talk!

I just assumed you were of the opinion that Guinness wasn't chuggable - well, I guess if you have a weak stomach it isn't (my wife would never be able to handle it :confused:)

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Maybe I should bring it to the game. It seems to bring out the ladies.

site1056.jpg

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Since the beer you brought is the lowest priority, I will help you consume it. Don't want to let it go to waste.:skeptical:

sometimes #2 is the same #3. and, they never go to waste. But I would gladly share some beer to any CF.com member (even ISUFan22 :biglaugh:). You got my cell number... call me up if you run dry. :wink:

-keep.

MadTownCy

Apr 11, 2006
It will be Spotted Cow for me from the New Glarus Brewery in Wisconsin. You can't beat a micro-brewed beer from Wisconsin. I bring it back to every game.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Happy to see Apple Pie listed on here. I've tanked many a person with that stuff. Particularly when I brought six gallons of it to a party. My recipe's a little different, though:

1 gallon Apple Cider
1/2 gallon Apple Juice
1 lb. Sugar
8 cinnamon sticks

Bring just to boil, reduce heat, simmer for at least 30 minutes, covered.

Add bottle (750 mL) Everclear
Serve while it's still hot.

Another personal favorite, and an Iowa State creation:

Gin Bucket:

1 2L Sprite
1 2L Squirt
1 container Country Time mix (not the packets)
1.75 L gin (you want a good gin, try Churchill. Cheaper and better than Tangueray)
4 lemons, 4 limes, quartered and squeezed into mixture

Mix together in bucket, stir well, add ice. Pass around in a circle until finished.

But if we're just talking beer, it'd be Leinies Sunset Wheat, Shiner, or Yuengling. Like Flag Guy said, we don't drink before games (no excuses to why we're dressed like we do), but next year, when we're alumni, it's going to be a lot more fun. Now if only I wasn't going to work in Texas...

Silver Bullet

Nov 28, 2006
The Silver Bullet of course!!! I can't wait for tomorrow, I have to go practice my bag toss now while Im at it I better practice opening some coors light cans as well. You can never have to much practice :smile:

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
Yuck! I will go with Bud Light or Corona. But, even in the donor parking the ROTC comes around and acts like they are the cops, so glass bottles are hard to get by.

Really? The first year I tailgated in the donor lots I didn't even know glass bottles were against the rules. At some point in year 2 I was walking around with a bottle and someone told me they weren't allowed. That was several years ago and I haven't heard anything else since.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Has anyone ever have "Gluek" or something like that ?? I just was at Hy'vee picking up my golden and noticed all kinds of this stuff. They had a regular, a light, a red, and a honey brew - I almost bought it because it looked interesting but the smallest quantity they had was a 12 pack and my hands were pretty full already.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron