SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Detailed a few takeaways from today's game, here. Let me know what you think:

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
I left feeling pretty impressed with Higgins, Gaines, and Bitter. Dean and Burkle also made some nice catches. JJ Kohl tripped on his first play but otherwise played really well the rest of the game. Seeing him try to dive over the pile on the goal line was awesome. Lol. The defense felt like they had to hold back a little too much to make any real conclusions about them.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I mentioned in another thread that my favorite play of the day was when one of our Dlinemen was flagged for offsides, was pulled from the game and, without hesitation, started doing a whole bunch of up/downs on the sidelines.

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
I mentioned in another thread that my favorite play of the day was when one of our Dlinemen was flagged for offsides, was pulled from the game and, without hesitation, started doing a whole bunch of up/downs on the sidelines.
Did any of the O Linemen get pulled for being offsides and do up/downs? Kills us when it's 3rd and short and they jump.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
No, Simmons actually stayed inside? Kohl throws a nice touch pass, but his. Deep throws ball is different.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I left feeling pretty impressed with Higgins, Gaines, and Bitter. Dean and Burkle also made some nice catches. JJ Kohl tripped on his first play but otherwise played really well the rest of the game. Seeing him try to dive over the pile on the goal line was awesome. Lol. The defense felt like they had to hold back a little too much to make any real conclusions about them.

I've always thought Bitter should be playing a lot more. Never understood that one.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
For anyone who was there: was there still a lot of pre-snap motion and looking to the sideline to change the call before the snap?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Is it possible this Campbell quote was transcribed incorrectly (italics mine)?

" ... I’ve seen ... this group really grow in terms of the areas that take no talent to get better.”