Taking my 2017 high school grad on visit to campus tomorrow

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Wear a chin guard because your jaw is going to drop to the ground when you see all of the changes. :smile:

If you truly haven't been there in 30 years, then just the fact that someone mentioned that you need to check out State Gym should have you scratching your head and asking "Why???"... (It is really cool).

You may not know your way around campus as well as you think you do. I agree with others that suggested a tour specific to your child's area of interest.

My dad was like that. He hadn't been on campus in 20 or 25 years and was surprised at the changes. It'd been 3 or 4 for me and I told him the same! :twitcy:

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Almost 2 months and no word on how it went? If nothing else what were your impressions of campus and campus town? A lot has changed since you were here last and even in the last 2 yrs.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
My suggestion for food is CHC or Battles BBQ. CHC is gone in October. They are making room for apartments so get it while you can. I too lived on Campus Ave 8 or 9 years ago and 100% agree with all the West St Deli suggestions.