Talen Horton-Tucker cuts list to 3 (ISU is on it)

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
He's spoken to people that I know for a fact have spoken directly to THT. Not sure if he's had any direct contact recently.

The general consensus over here is that THT isn't saying anything, and any information revealing a direction would have to be leaking from the school side.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
For what it's worth, as a Xavier fan I'm pretty sure he isn't putting on an X hat, and from the looks of it on the Xavier scout board, it's not looking good for the Cyclones either.

Good luck on Saturday. Hopefully you guys pull off the upset and drink enough Busch Light that this recruitment is a distant memory on Sunday morning.

Thanks. You all's bball program is probably my 2nd favorite in CBB. Good luck this year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Hey Guys, thought I would come over and lurk. I'm no insider but I have some paid access. At this point the past few days have become fairly public knowledge to one team's insiders. I've seen some posters on here claiming there is nothing out there, but trust me, there is a ton. THT has already notified the coaches of the program he is committing to, that happened yesterday. As I have seen 100 times following Illinois recruiting, if your insiders don't know by the day of the decision, that school is not getting a commitment. I can't give out insider info, but you guys would know by now if it was ISU. I really like your coach and you got some good talent coming in. I hope you kick KU's ass. If you want, I can come back after the announcement and shed some light on what went down, but you may not care anymore.

Well if he has already notified the coaches of the program he is committing to, then why doesn't he have the decency to let the other two programs know? It is obvious that all signs are stacking up that your info is true. Just can't believe our own beat writers are claiming that our staff remains positive yet don't know. Crappy part of recruiting announcements if you ask me.

• Funny
Reactions: IAStubborn

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
Hey Guys, thought I would come over and lurk. I'm no insider but I have some paid access. At this point the past few days have become fairly public knowledge to one team's insiders. I've seen some posters on here claiming there is nothing out there, but trust me, there is a ton. THT has already notified the coaches of the program he is committing to, that happened yesterday. As I have seen 100 times following Illinois recruiting, if your insiders don't know by the day of the decision, that school is not getting a commitment. I can't give out insider info, but you guys would know by now if it was ISU. I really like your coach and you got some good talent coming in. I hope you kick KU's ass. If you want, I can come back after the announcement and shed some light on what went down, but you may not care anymore.

Great, it's bad enough we have ISU insider's doing the whole paid knowledge bait thing, but now we got other team's fans doing it, too.

Chillini1989

Oct 24, 2017
The general consensus over here is that THT isn't saying anything, and any information revealing a direction would have to be leaking from the school side.
I'm just saying that I know that's not true. I don't think one of your paid sites is in agreement with that consensus either.

• Funny
Reactions: IAStubborn

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
While I want to agree that this is positive in our favor, isn't it possible that THT doesn't want to be part of "the fab class" but make a big name for himself in his home state? Who knows what Underwood has promised him or dangled in front of him? Jared's gut unfortunately is leading the same way all the CB's have lead. Feeling good about one thing: I'm glad the other two finalists aren't big 12 teams so that we would have to witness firsthand how good he becomes.

At least you have some kindling for the agenda. Good for you, I guess. I actually like seeing Iowa State succeed, so I won’t take glee in this.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

what the heck does shed some light on "what went down" mean? That makes it sound like Illinois turned the tables in the last days/visit, which would be even more aggravating. Not sure a paid access guy would get that info laid out on a platter.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Well if he has already notified the coaches of the program he is committing to, then why doesn't he have the decency to let the other two programs know? It is obvious that all signs are stacking up that your info is true. Just can't believe our own beat writers are claiming that our staff remains positive yet don't know. Crappy part of recruiting announcements if you ask me.

He could be waiting to inform to prevent leaks. He also could have informed them and asked them to keep it quiet.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Why don't ya shed some light now?

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
This just reinforces my thought that either Illinois is blowing a ton of smoke to push a commitment or there is something shady going on.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

This.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
At least you have some kindling for the agenda. Good for you, I guess. I actually like seeing Iowa State succeed, so I won’t take glee in this.

Where in the **** did I express glee in any of this? Nobody wanted to see Juiston go to KU, and there's been plenty more examples. Been hoping for THT news to be more positive for days. I actually like to talk recruiting, ask questions, and see Iowa State succeed too... versus personally attacking other posters on this board unfairly.

• Agree
Reactions: kistek

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Three in-home visits this week. Is this where we are supposed to show up with his "brown bag Lunch" He just gets to count the "calories" and announce the totals.

Reactions: isutrevman

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
THT is announcing on Chicago TV...Live...Every staff knows the outcome right now. I’m guessing that either way ISU staff was asked not to leak info. Kinda takes away from the suspense for the kid doing it live..Remember Vaughn? Mattie let it leak on twitter day off basically..cant say i blame him but..

ISU staff not leaking info is strategic..Keeps relationships and that trust built in Chicago area.

Time to move on.

On a side note...I really love Conditt tweet that basically said..”It’s not how you get to the top but who goes there with you” or somethign to that effect. Brilliant tweet and completely true in all aspects of like.

Hope THT has great success wherever he ends up..Seems like a really great kid with a bright future.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
I’m old enough to remember Harrison Barnes - who my buddy who was friends with McDermott’s brother....was told Harrison would be Cyclone 24 hours before he picked UNC.

So I’ll wait til it’s announced.

What time is PC?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
LoL it is a **** storm!

From Illiniloyalty
Just to let everybody know we are no longer getting THT.

lol, wtf? Is that a troll?
lVlPvCB.gif

• Funny
Reactions: kistek

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I’m old enough to remember Harrison Barnes - who my buddy who was friends with McDermott’s brother....was told Harrison would be Cyclone 24 hours before he picked UNC.

So I’ll wait til it’s announced.

What time is PC?

6:30 CDT, but who the heck really knows.

Reactions: xr4ticlone