Tampa comes in @ #40 in PFF's Top-75 Prospects

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020

Highest rated Big-12 prospect. Lil crazy to think it took the first Big 12 player is all the way down at 40...

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

Highest rated Big-12 prospect. Lil crazy to think it took the first Big 12 player is all the way down at 40...

That is crazy that they have no Big 12 players in the top 39. No UT, no OU.

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
That is crazy that they have no Big 12 players in the top 39. No UT, no OU.
Even without OuT you would think okie st or the purple people eaters would sneak one in there

Edit: purple people eaters aka Kan St.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
T'Vondre Sweat of Texas should be top 20. That is the best interior D lineman I have seen in the big 12 since Ndamakong Shu. He was outrageously good this year.
Unfortunately he is getting a lot of the “oh he can only play run downs” bs, I hate defending Texas for any reason but that guy was an animal, I want the Vikings to draft him so bad because I think he could be an Aaron Donald level difference maker.

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
If he tests out at the Combine as expected, he’s gonna rise significantly.
Have to believe there’s some Cyclone PR happening amongst coaches/GMs. “If you get one of these guys you’re getting a locker room leader”

At least from everything I’ve seen regarding Lazard, Hall, DM, and Purdy. They’re well respected for how they carry themselves.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Have to believe there’s some Cyclone PR happening amongst coaches/GMs. “If you get one of these guys you’re getting a locker room leader”

At least from everything I’ve seen regarding Lazard, Hall, DM, and Purdy. They’re well respected for how they carry themselves.
I don’t know if you can include Lazard in this, during the season he was a healthy scratch coaches decision multiple times. The coach even said something like he needs to work harder or some sh*t. I think the jets head coach is a tool so take it all with a grain of salt I guess.

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
I don’t know if you can include Lazard in this, during the season he was a healthy scratch coaches decision multiple times. The coach even said something like he needs to work harder or some sh*t. I think the jets head coach is a tool so take it all with a grain of salt I guess.
Until this year and how the Jets imploded I think AL had 100% built a reputation as a grinder and leader. It’s the only reason he’s in the league.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Until this year and how the Jets imploded I think AL had 100% built a reputation as a grinder and leader. It’s the only reason he’s in the league.
Absolutely. The Jets never know what the **** they are doing so having Saleh say that, with how poor he seems to be as a head coach, does not make me think it’s true.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
His relationship with ARod is an interesting situation. It put him on the map and made him a ton of money, but "following" him to that **** show in NY may be the worst thing he could have done.

It figures that we finally get a concentration of Cyclones to follow on one team but it's probably the worst run organization in the league. Salas is in way over his head.

Sorry for the derailment. Great news for TJ. I hope he stays healthy and can continue to improve his draft stock.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Honestly, I was shocked to see Tampa ranked ahead of him.
PFF is a really bad ranking system for college. When you dig in and find about 6-8 guys are supposed to grade each player (22) of each play and determine what the offense and defensive play call was, you realize it's all a guess by them.