Tang

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Bet you didn’t know that his middle name is Poon.

Guys, the name is Pootie Tang
p27970_v_h10_aa.jpg

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Johnson and Nowell are having tremendous years. They also found a bit of a gem in Tomlin.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
He leaves Baylor and they become average
Goes to Kansas State and ranked top 15.

Who was really coaching Baylor. I wanted Tang when we fired Prohm. Love we got TJ though. Seems to have worked out for everyone involved. Except Baylor and UNLV. How cool is that.
So tired of these types of takes. He was a huge piece of that staff no doubt (just like all staffs on a good to great team/program) but Scott Drew is a damn good coach and to say he wasn’t the one behind Baylor’s success is dumb. Baylor doesn’t have their normal make up this year with the size, but they are starting to figure it out with their guards.

So many said the same thing about Tech last year without Beard and Adams when they had such a great year. Welp let’s see how things go because now all you see is people saying how Adams is not the guy and in way over his head.

Reactions: CycloneErik

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
He leaves Baylor and they become average
Goes to Kansas State and ranked top 15.

Who was really coaching Baylor. I wanted Tang when we fired Prohm. Love we got TJ though. Seems to have worked out for everyone involved. Except Baylor and UNLV. How cool is that.
Baylor’s going to look a lot different with everyone healthy so don’t be surprised if they turn this around.

There have been coaches that have come in and given an existing team a spark and pushed them to the next level, only to fail to identify and recruit the same guys as their program deteriorated over the following years. In other words I wouldn’t call the analysis complete.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Why did he address the crowd after a January regular season conference game? That’s really weird.

I also think he is a class guy trying to get the KSU fans to be less "little brother" about stuff. Meaning, K-State chants "eff KU" at every game in some capacity (i.e. when they are not playing them). Here is a story I saw during football season:
https://www.heartlandcollegesports....-in-re-branding-wabash-cannonball-with-k-s-u/

he seems legit...but is now trying to tell their fans to act like you belong vs be a little brother.

It'd be like if for whatever reason our senior leadership didn't like that you could hear the "don't know the words to this stupid effing song" and that became a thing and told the band to not play it any more...and the only way we could play it is if Matt Campbell told the students to not chant that, etc.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Biggest change at KSt is the relentless tough defense under Tang. Plus the pg is the real deal which is necessary for a top tier team. Best player in the conference in my view at this juncture. The change from Webber to Tang in how this team gets after it is obvious. Have no idea what happened in their one conference loss however.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Biggest change at KSt is the relentless tough defense under Tang. Plus the pg is the real deal which is necessary for a top tier team. Best player in the conference in my view at this juncture. The change from Webber to Tang in how this team gets after it is obvious. Have no idea what happened in their one conference loss however.

Relentless tough defense? They've been a very good and much improved team, but its been by outscoring everyone. 83 on KU. 110 on Texas. 97 on Baylor.

Between Johnson and Nowell, been putting points up at will. Wouldnt call them a defensive team by any means.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Why did he address the crowd after a January regular season conference game? That’s really weird.
I'm with you, thought it was hokey. Goes out of his way to say expect to win and love the guys and they chant F-KU the entire game, win in the front 1/3 of the conference and he has a big shin dig at the end of the game. I like the guy, but geez, if you want to act like you've been there, act like it.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Relentless tough defense? They've been a very good and much improved team, but its been by outscoring everyone. 83 on KU. 110 on Texas. 97 on Baylor.

Between Johnson and Nowell, been putting points up at will. Wouldnt call them a defensive team by any means.
I am basing my analysis of their defensive ability on eyeballing one game against KU at home in which they played tough against a team that was better athletically over all.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Coach Tang is trying to change the lil brother culture, y'all said it above and it's true. A lot of this over-the-top hatefulness emanated with Frank Martin and carried over: the angriest fanbase in college sports. It's unhealthy on many levels.

Well, Tang is deeply religious and offended by the f'Ku chant which was tamped down last night relative to earlier years dating back even before Martin.

It's the ole land grant v. flagship thing that he's trying to change. If you visit a Ku board you'll understand better.

As for going to Texas, that would be an oil and water marriage. Could happen because of his Texas roots, but I doubt it. Texas hires the next bright star only to fire them time-after-time.

Good win by Cy last night as well.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Yeah, from what I've seen, they try to force you into their pace, which can lead you to turn it over and waste possessions if you aren't careful. If you play under control, you can burn them with it (like TCU did).

Reactions: Snydes

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
Why not just say those things in a press conference though? Definitely gave me weird vibes. Like sure, maybe if you just clinched the regular season title, but there is a lot of season left.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron