TCU and SMU rivalry game going on hiatus

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think every 2 years or every 4 years could be good for some rivalries.

Like the World Cup, Olympics, Ryder Cup.

The important thing is the consistency. Just having it go away indefinitely is a horrible result for something that long/old.

• Agree
Reactions: Allikat

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Problem with Iowa is if they go to 10 Big10 games they will have for sure 5 road games. They'll want their other 2 game at home....only way I see it working is if ISU agrees to give them some of the gate money.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'd drop the CyHawk if we can keep KSU. I like it better personally.
100%. After the bball schedule was released and seeing that we aren't playing at KU, my thoughts went to KSU football.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Problem with Iowa is if they go to 10 Big10 games they will have for sure 5 road games. They'll want their other 2 game at home....only way I see it working is if ISU agrees to give them some of the gate money.
I am not sure why some many EIU fans think they need 7 home games a year? They are making serious money as a member of the Big Easy conference, so it can't be a money issue. Trying to be a good member of the committee and helping out the local businesses sounds nice and all, but this is the same university that was stiffing contractors.

To me it just so they can add a couple sure wins to the record every year, why not just admit that what they are doing and go on.
I would have no problem doing a two on, two off rotation, but any EIU fans that think with ISU off the schedule they are going to be playing ND, Clemson or someone like that are only fooling themselves. At best it will be a Kansas State or Pitt type of team, not a blue blood.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
10 conference games? I'm sure the SEC will still insist on playing only 8 conference games

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yeah, but will they say “we’re a big 2 conference making x million more than you so it’s like the difference between g5 and p5”?
I'm going to sound like a homer, but I think when this power 3 shakes out, the Big 12 is going up be much closer to the B1G and the SEC than anyone ever imagined. I just have a ton of faith in what Yormack is doing.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I am not sure why some many EIU fans think they need 7 home games a year? They are making serious money as a member of the Big Easy conference, so it can't be a money issue. Trying to be a good member of the committee and helping out the local businesses sounds nice and all, but this is the same university that was stiffing contractors.

To me it just so they can add a couple sure wins to the record every year, why not just admit that what they are doing and go on.
I would have no problem doing a two on, two off rotation, but any EIU fans that think with ISU off the schedule they are going to be playing ND, Clemson or someone like that are only fooling themselves. At best it will be a Kansas State or Pitt type of team, not a blue blood.
It won’t even be a P5 team. Why would KSU or Pitt agree to play at Iowa, but not at home? You aren’t going to trade ISU for another P5 team and get any different deal. It would be a MAC, AAC or MW team at best.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Let's call Mizzou and see what they're up to.

View attachment 115591
10 conference games? I'm sure the SEC will still insist on playing only 8 conference games
I see Mizzou having some time on their hands! [meaning they could do it with only 8 conference games at the moment, yes!]

And, if the SEC is told they can't do only 8 conference games anymore, they will kick and squeal if they are forced to do 9! Babies.

I say if the B1G goes to 10 conference games (is it settled yet?), the SEC should have to do the same, 10! The Big 12 would probably be in the same boat.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I can see 10 conference games happening. The TV networks want games that fans will watch so they can make money on them. No TV coverage of Boston College versus Northern Illinois will ever be worthwhile. Can ESPN+ make any money broadcasting games like ISU v. UNI? It's all about money and 10 conference games will mean more of it.

Reactions: BigCyFan

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I think the Iowa-ISU game is going away as it is. They may play 4 times in 10 years or something going forward. This is the sad side of chasing the money. At some point the games are not going to draw interest and viewership is going to go down.