TCU and SMU rivalry game going on hiatus

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
100%. After the bball schedule was released and seeing that we aren't playing at KU, my thoughts went to KSU football.
I saw we weren't playing in Lawrence and said "thank god..I don't have to watch a screw job."

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Another rivalry that is a casulty of realignment
another-one-bites-the-dust-queen.gif

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I see Mizzou having some time on their hands! [meaning they could do it with only 8 conference games at the moment, yes!]

And, if the SEC is told they can't do only 8 conference games anymore, they will kick and squeal if they are forced to do 9! Babies.

I say if the B1G goes to 10 conference games (is it settled yet?), the SEC should have to do the same, 10! The Big 12 would probably be in the same boat.
SEC will just add a slap **** conference like the Southland as limited associate members where their revenue share is the equivalent of one buy game.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Does anyone have a link to the historical Rivalaries that have been killed by this conference garbage?

I really don't think we will continue to play Iowa if we both go to 10 games.

To be honest, other than exposure and the money of the game, I think I would rather just have another home game that's a win. we are always going to be struggling to get to six wins. I hate the Iowa, Iowa state game week, but maybe its just me.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Does anyone have a link to the historical Rivalaries that have been killed by this conference garbage?

How far back do you want to go? The first big realignment wave started in 1990.

*Texas-Arkansas
Penn State-Pitt
Oklahoma-Nebraska
Oklahoma-Oklahoma State
Kansas-Missouri
Colorado-Nebraska (even though that didn't really heat up until the late 80s)
*Texas-Texas A&M
Texas A&M-Baylor
*West Virginia-Pitt
Cincinnati-Louisville
Michigan-Notre Dame (no game from 2019 to 2033)
TCU-SMU (maybe)
Oregon-Oregon State (maybe)
Washington-Washington State (maybe)

*recently revived or soon-to-be revived

Last edited:

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Another rivalry that is a casulty of realignment
another-one-bites-the-dust-queen.gif

While technically correct, the two haven't been part of the same conference for over 30 years. "Realignment" isn't the direct cause of this series ending. The Oklahoma vs Okie Lite series would be a far better example of a series ending due to realignment.