TCU pregame kicks

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
I doubt many people saw this, but during the pregame, while the band was lined up in the tunnel, the two TCU kickers were purposefully kicking directly into the band. One of them went so far to squib kick it into the formation about 10 yards out, which nailed some dude right in the side of the face.

IDK what the rules are for kickers practicing during pregame, but that was some shady ****.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
no it isn't. That is hilarious. Please tell me he had one of those stupid band kid hats on when he was hit.

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
In the never-ending Nerd battle Kickers v. Marching band is considered an epic rivalry. It would be against the nerd code of conduct to not at least take a couple pot shots.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
What is the big deal? I was throwing rocks at a dog in a kennel the other day. He was getting really ******, but there was nothing that he could do about it. HAHAHA it was great stuff.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
What is the big deal? I was throwing rocks at a dog in a kennel the other day. He was getting really ******, but there was nothing that he could do about it. HAHAHA it was great stuff.

The band is in a cage?

Just pick up the ball that hit you, high step march out to the kicker, and kick the ball at him. It'd be just as funny and send the message to stop. This is college football pregame, not an abused dog in a cage.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
In the olden days, those balls would have ended up in a sousaphone bell for later use by band members. Or, they would have been deflated/sliced and returned.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I doubt many people saw this, but during the pregame, while the band was lined up in the tunnel, the two TCU kickers were purposefully kicking directly into the band. One of them went so far to squib kick it into the formation about 10 yards out, which nailed some dude right in the side of the face.

IDK what the rules are for kickers practicing during pregame, but that was some shady ****.

Yeah, I'm sure this is exactly what happened.

silvercybone

Jul 6, 2010
The band is in a cage?

Just pick up the ball that hit you, high step march out to the kicker, and kick the ball at him. It'd be just as funny and send the message to stop. This is college football pregame, not an abused dog in a cage.

I ask the same question asked of another earlier, are you 16?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sounds pretty Christian of those Texans...meanwhile ISU gets a technical foul for dunking during warmups.