TD/Fumble...Liberty Bowl Deja Vu

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I could not believe how eerily similar the call yesterday that took away our chance at a TD was to the Liberty Bowl call that screwed David Montgomery out of a perfect season with zero fumbles.

It couldn't be the same official could it? I did not recognize those guys as normal officials I see on Big XII games.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I could not believe how eerily similar the call yesterday that took away our chance at a TD was to the Liberty Bowl call that screwed David Montgomery out of a perfect season with zero fumbles.

It couldn't be the same official could it? I did not recognize those guys as normal officials I see on Big XII games.
I had the same thought.Of course,CMC used that as motivation with the players to get them to the finish of that game. He is the master and will do it again.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yesterday was a terrible call. There isn’t a single angle they showed where Hall is either just short or the goal line when his knee and elbow touch OR he broke the plane and scored. A fumble was the only thing that it wasn’t no matter what replay you saw.

But Montgomery’s was still worse. He was almost a full yard into the end zone before the ball came out in the Liberty Bowl.

Reactions: atlantacyclone

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
Interesting you would bring this up, since that is now the bowl we're probably going to end up in.
;)o_O

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Yesterday was a terrible call. There isn’t a single angle they showed where Hall is either just short or the goal line when his knee and elbow touch OR he broke the plane and scored. A fumble was the only thing that it wasn’t no matter what replay you saw.

But Montgomery’s was still worse. He was almost a full yard into the end zone before the ball came out in the Liberty Bowl.

Both equally bad IMO. We have also lost every game where Hall fumbles … I believe.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Montgomery's was wayyyy worse IMO.

Agree....although I also thought about the bowl game play, DM was a solid 1-2 feet across the goal line before he was down or the ball came out. It was clear as day on the replays. I can't remember which way they had ruled it on the field but it shouldn't have mattered, the video evidence was conclusive that he had crossed the plane.

Yesterday though, I thought it was enough of a tossup whether Breece had crossed the plane or not, but I think it was clear his elbow was down before the ball came out. Not sure why they decided the call on the field (which had to be overcome by video evidence) was that he fumbled when 3 officials had made 3 different rulings, but whatevs.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The way we played yesterday is setting us up for another Liberty Bowl birth.

Help Support Us

Become a patron