Team Captains

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Weird that there's just two. I thought maybe Dagel or Boesen might get it. On D, maybe the other Sam Richardson?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
CNLidmUW8AEL9IZ.jpg

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Maybe that's Rhoads two and then the team will elect two as well.

Typically, captains are a combination of player picks and coach picks, yes. Just don't think they would release the info before the final list was set. Very surprised at no QB.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Maybe in years past the team had less "togetherness" and so they picked more captains to represent different factions? Maybe cutting the # of captains is meant to get everyone on the same page, or maybe it means they are.

Also, wrt Sammy Sunshine:
Last year they put a lot of stress on him, talked up the competition with GR early on, said he might be the #3 option (do I remember that right?).
This year, we are hearing he is a different type of leader, the unquestioned #1, he is one of two team captains. Feels like the coaching staff is managing him a lot differently - more carrot, less stick.

Agree / disagree? I expect that some of this is legit confidence in Sam, but some could also be managing him differently to help him along. Curious what folks think.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Maybe in years past the team had less "togetherness" and so they picked more captains to represent different factions? Maybe cutting the # of captains is meant to get everyone on the same page, or maybe it means they are.

Also, wrt Sammy Sunshine:
Last year they put a lot of stress on him, talked up the competition with GR early on, said he might be the #3 option (do I remember that right?).
This year, we are hearing he is a different type of leader, the unquestioned #1, he is one of two team captains. Feels like the coaching staff is managing him a lot differently - more carrot, less stick.

Agree / disagree? I expect that some of this is legit confidence in Sam, but some could also be managing him differently to help him along. Curious what folks think.

I thought that was 2 years ago, and last year it was Sam all the way pretty early on in fall camp.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Maybe Sam and Levi are permanent, year long captains and the other 2-3 spots will rotate throughout the team each game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron