Teams You'd Prefer to Avoid/Play in March

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Avoid:

Texas A&M. Taylor at guard is electric if he is on. They are a really experienced team. Would hate to see them in a second round #2/#7 type scenario. Dark horse Final 4 team for me.

Kentucky: Tons of talent. Have seen them struggle all year only to turn it on come March.

Clemson. Impressed every time I see them play.

Any Big 12 team early who has seen our defense before.

Play:

Dayton. Extremely overrated.

Wisconsin. Our pressure defense would eat them alive.

Marquette. Have not been overly impressed. Lost their PG earlier in year to injury.

Purdue. Give me Purdue as the #1 seed in our bracket. They always tend to get knocked off early. With our pressure defense dont think Edey would ever get comfortable.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Avoid:

Texas A&M. Taylor at guard is electric if he is on. They are a really experienced team. Would hate to see them in a second round #2/#7 type scenario. Dark horse Final 4 team for me.

Kentucky: Tons of talent. Have seen them struggle all year only to turn it on come March.

Clemson. Impressed every time I see them play.

Any Big 12 team early who has seen our defense before.

Play:

Dayton. Extremely overrated.

Wisconsin. Our pressure defense would eat them alive.

Marquette. Have not been overly impressed. Lost their PG earlier in year to injury.

Purdue. Give me Purdue as the #1 seed in our bracket. They always tend to get knocked off early. With our pressure defense dont think Edey would ever get comfortable.

If the Big 12 really gets 9-11 teams it's going to be pretty likely there are some matchups. Hope they can keep Houston/KU/Baylor/ISU in separate regions because I think we're to the point we can see a little separation with those four.

I'd rather play any team in the country anywhere vs a 3rd or 4th game against Houston. Baylor maybe wouldn't mind if it's only our second game and at a neutral site now.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Avoid:
Creighton. They've had some head scratching losses but there's A LOT of talent on that team.
8th in Kenpom's experience (3.11 years).

Reactions: dahliaclone

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I still think UConn, Purdue and Houston are a step above anyone else in the country. Not scared of Houston on a neutral floor.

I just want to stay off the dreaded 5/12 line. Playing the likes of a Drake or Indiana State terrifies me.

I want to avoid bama although that matchup would be really interesting.

Reactions: exCYtable

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Don't want anything to do with Indiana State.

That offense is stupid efficient and Avila is a nightmare matchup. eFG% over 60 as a team. Stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
I have watched basically 0 other teams this year, so not sure who this applies to. In general the offenses that our defense doesn't snuff out are those that use the post to distribute from the top of the key with good shooters and hard backcuts. Disu, Dickenson, and the BYU big come to mind. If you're relying heavily on your PG to create against us, you're in trouble.
I'm not sure it even matters what defense the other team plays. We haven't seen much zone, so something funky might slow us down, but if we're forcing TOs it doesn't matter much.

Reactions: SolarGarlic