Tebow's date to Heisman Award

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I am going to get ripped for this, but I agree with some people here. I respect Tim Tebow and I think that it is great that he does what he does. I am just ready for ESPN to forget about him. I dislike him in the same manner that I dislike Bret Favre. Did anyone else not get tired of Favre watch the past two summers. Yes they are both good football players, but the overload of media coverage makes them less than desireable. It is refreshing to hear people say that Tebow won't be the second coming of Steve Young in the NFL.

Like I said, I may not like hearing about him but I do respect him for what he does.

Maybe people need to look up the definition of "dislike". I'll be fine if I never hear of Tebow or Favre again in my entire life but I don't dislike them.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
there is no reason not to like the guy. If you don't like him, do you also dislike jesus? :jimlad: Seriously though, your hating the guy because he does good things and people like him for it.

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Waukee , IA
I don't think Tebow is doing this to gain attention to himself, but rather to the greater cause that he is serving. He uses the media to bring attention to what he feels is important, which is his belief in Christ. He is actually very smart for using the spot light to focus on God, rather than his abilities. This is the exact opposite of guys like Chad Johnson. He uses the media spotlight to bring glory to himself.

Reactions: CycloneErik

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
chad johnson is just trying to have a good time. I guess i personally just enjoy his antics... all in good fun IMO

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I hated all the attention he was getting too, but if you look at the guy and his family, they are very quality people from what I know. Now I am glad he is getting the spotlight. In some ways he looks too good to be true, but I don't think it is fair to compare him to guys like Kobe and Tiger, who never had the same kind of rep. Did anyone think Kobe was a big do gooder before the rape charge? or Tiger before this stuff for that matter? I did think Tiger was a solid guy, but he never made the sort of faith claims or outward showings of kindness like this.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
chad johnson is just trying to have a good time. I guess i personally just enjoy his antics... all in good fun IMO

Actually I'd agree with this also. He is a showman, and is having a good time, and although I don't always agree with his decisions, he is entertaining.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
If he was doing anything bad, you don't think that would be everywhere? He doesn't go/do anything without a camera in his face. I think his actions do speak for themself right on your TV every day. Can't blame him for it. Should he do bad things, or nothing at all, just because they want to follow him around?

I'm not saying he goes around doing horrible things, I'm sure that he doesn't. But would he be someone I would like to be friends with? Is he a nice guy outside of doing the nice things we see on camera? I don't know. I've never met the guy. I don't blame him for it, but I'm tired of hearing about him on the news. Like I said.. for Tebow the person I'm neutral. Tebow the coverage, I'm annoyed.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I could see how people are sick of Tebow's coverage. It gets old being reminded how bad of a person you are when you see how good Tebow is!

I think he is a good guy and I am impressed by him, I hope he does well.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I have a feeling 8 out of ten people that dis like Tebow also like ocho cinco and his antics. Basically they dislike that someone is a good person and like that someone makes them self look like a retard.

Reactions: khess83

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Waukee , IA
Actually I'd agree with this also. He is a showman, and is having a good time, and although I don't always agree with his decisions, he is entertaining.

Just because it is entertaining doesn't make Chad any less of an ***. He is doing it all to bring attention to himself.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Nope. They'd be on their knees in ready position.

Yeah, it's amazing how much a uniform changes my opinion of a person :biglaugh:

That being said I hate Tebow, but to be fair I just really hate hearing about him all the time (see Sports Center anytime during the regular season).
It is hard to deny that he has done some great things with the position he is in.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Fixed it.

I never thought Tiger was a swell guy. In fact, I thought he was kind of an arrogant *****. I still like to watch him golf even though I root for him to lose.

So you're saying I'm jealous of the guy because I have the same impression of Tebow as you had of Tiger. An impression you had of Tiger which turned out to be true?

Whatever. I'm sorry if I bothered anybody with my comments or hijacked this thread earlier. The story is about him doing a very great thing and I will agree he was a total class act by doing that. Let the Tebow love continue unimpeded. I'll stop commenting on this thread as clearly I seem to be in the minority in regard to public opinion of him and that means I must be jealous.

khess83

Jan 7, 2009
Waukee , IA
If Tebow does stumble down the road, the media coverage and criticism will be a million times worse than Tiger's situation. Tiger had a clean cut image, but that is not the same as going to the Phillipines to volunteer, or go into prisons to give motivational speeches imo anyways. Let's hope that day never comes.

Feb 11, 2009
iowa
If Tebow does stumble down the road, the media coverage and criticism will be a million times worse than Tiger's situation. Tiger had a clean cut image, but that is not the same as going to the Phillipines to volunteer, or go into prisons to give motivational speeches imo anyways. Let's hope that day never comes.
With Tebow's faith that will almost 100% not going to happen